Re: Green Schools Are HOT!!!

yeah,.............they just cancelled a green school here in the Erie, PA area because the project came in 40% over budget,...........................

Why, thats a LOVELY *green* school..... > > .....too bad you can't use the gd thing..... > > Funny, I graduated from a high school that didn't have air > conditioning......in FLORIDA!!!!! > >

Gary Matczak

"Gary Matczak"

I wonder if that was a short-sighted decision.

Reply to
Warm Worm

"Don"

I had a double-strong iced green tea frappe yesterday and it was very expensive. Tasty, but expensive. Iced green tea frappes are big bidnit deez daze. You can get them hot too, but in a hot school, the barista would recommend the cold. The bratz love the stuff. They should put them in the hot schools. Wait a minute, I think they do. Hot school, cool drinks. Get to it! Board meeting adjourned!

Reply to
Warm Worm

"Warm Worm" wrote in news:CNkgg.5161$A8.1895@clgrps12:

Our Tyvek and TechShield for the house added 19% of the original price, but given what we're paying in this place ((all-too typical for older homes locally, in terms of zero insulation, single pane windows, and basically nothing but old drywall standing between the outside humidity - and bugs - and the inside)), and given what I've read, we might make that up within 2 years, since we don't over-hear or over-cool.

I don't have any idea, of course, all the things that'd add 40% to the cost of a structure - it might be possible that the original plan included avoiding things like Sick Building Syndrome. Meanwhile, I highly doubt that energy is going to get any cheaper...

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.newsguy.com:

I'm not so sure that the peeps really knwo what the heck is going on. Ignorance is bliss, after all - an' ree-yuhll EZ to get =:-p

Reply to
Kris Krieger

I like that a lot,......................I'm using that line,.............

Reply to
Gary Matczak