Re: G-8

In alt.architecture , Don wrote :

Per capita http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/eco_eco_aid_don_cap
Per GDP http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/eco_eco_aid_don_gdp not so glowing...
<snip>
Someone please remind me again why I should give my hard earned money to the poor.

the
Because if you don't, Madonna might call you a bad person.
gruhn wrote:

That would particularly sting given it will be delivered with that authoritarian fake British accent she's developed.

I've had just about zero exposure to her since she took on her Sheryl "Dance Fever" Crow persona.
I guess I'm glad.

"The entry does not cover other official flows (OOF) or private flows"
Inother words.......it is only about what the guvmint is stealing and giving to others.......being low on the list is a good thing.

I don't recall being in that poll.

How much research have you done on it, Dave? Do you have a passing familiarity with the numbers and illegalities involved?

IIRC the definition of charity is
"Poor people in rich countries giving money to rich people in poor countries"
Sounds close enough to me

How about per horse? Or per business; per UN due; per forgiven IMF loan; per chocolate bar...