Re: Converge

Ft Rucker, Alabama, the helicopter school for the US Army is a couple

> hundred miles to the east. > Ft Campbell (my old post) home of the largest AirMobile installation in the > world is a couple hundred miles to the north. > Ft Hood, home of the AirCav, the largest military installation in the world > is a couple hundred miles to the west. > Of the current ground zero. > Each of those posts have thousands of choppers and thousands of soldiers > TRAINED for the sort of thing that is needed in Louisiana right now. > Each of those posts are trained constantly for immediate Red Alert status > 24/7 anywhere in the world. > The Combat Engineers (my old role) can blow the lid on that dome and > Skycranes yank it off then the dragonflies can converge in continuous convoy > extracting 15 victims at a crack all day and night long. The same engineers > can go rooftop to rooftop punching holes and extracting victims to hovering > dragonflies. The engineers have watercraft made for manuevering largescale > class 60 bridge equipment, they can build endless Bailey bridges, M4TX > bridges, Pontoon bridges, almost instantly. Again, these people do this > stuff day in and day out in all sorts of weather under combat conditions at > night. All army wheeled and track vehicles are setup for forging through > water 8' deep. > > Why aren't they converging there in full force and equipment doing their > thing? > > Oh, thats right, most of the soldiers are being forced to stick their noses > in other peoples business around the globe, and the equipment is deadlined > or non-existent and 99% of the military funding is concentrated without > rather than within, hence base closings, and the people that pay for the > military are left to fend for themselves and beg for assistance from any > source that happens by. > > Bush is flying over the area today and someone should take that craft down. > HE is the person responsible for the skeleton crews left behind to answer > the phones while the Line-dogs and Ground-pounders are babysitting sandfleas > and other vermin. > > I saw it around here last year when Charley came to town and I'll bet my > bottom dollar the same thing will occur there in LA, that the gov't will > insure that it will be re-established BEFORE it addresses civilian concerns. > >

Don,

I think that everyone is in agreement on this wholly, if they aren't they got their head up somewhere big time.....

Thanks for saying it Don.

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

At the level of the individual soldier, I would think they might get much more satisfaction out of doing something for their own fellow citizens who might actually appreciate it, rather than "attempting" to help some person in another country who doesn't really want them there in the first place.

Reply to
Cato

Right. I'd rather have a job where the guy I was trying to help wasn't trying to kill me. And for the trigger happy, there'd still be plenty of looters to shoot.

RicodJour

You should stop reading the main stream media.

Reply to
P. Fritz

Okey Dokey. I'll keep that in mind next time one of my friends who was stationed in Iraq tells me something as silly as "the iraqis didn't want them there". They must have been reading the mainstream media as well. I guess the Iraqis must have been reading the same media sources to know how to act as well. LOL

Reply to
Cato

whopptee doo.......compared to the several I know who had the iraqis tell them how thankful they were that they were there. Keep drinking the kool aid.

Reply to
P. Fritz

Exactly what kool-aid is required to get that crazy thought in my head? Sound yummy, does it come in cherry flavor?

whopptee doo right back at ya. Where they being told that in the safety of the Green Zone? Maybe in the far north or south? I'm just going by what I've heard from multiple sources stationed in different parts of the country. I've heard this from Marines as well as some in the Army. Maybe my friends didn't get to go to the 'friendlier' parts of the country.

Reply to
Cato

Well, that article is painting quite a rosey picture. You can search all other types of "non-mainstream" media sources that can show just the opposite. There are good and bad areas. Just as there are some who want the US to be there, but there are also many who don't want them there. They have no say in the matter. Would you want some foriegn troops in your country, eventhough they say they are there with the best of intentions, in your neighborhood? Nobody wants to be occupied. Time may tell whether this should have been done, but at what eventual cost? Believe it or not, I'm not hoping for failure in Iraq, quite the opposite. Just being realistic about the situation.

I'm really not trying to cherry pick your article, but one quote caught my eye. "Many of Iraq's adults may long ago have grown tired of seeing American troops on their streets, but soldiers in the area of Najaf, about 80 miles south of Baghdad, say the country's children are different."

Let's hope the kids can maintain their sunny dispositions as they get older.

Reply to
Cato

Disagree. The "shouldness" of something does not (should not, can not, must not) rely on the outcome.

Heck, even the "left liberals" don't believe the ends justifies the means. I mean, heck, if they did, they'd be rushing to steal more of my money and pour it into religious charities.

Surely some of them have s**te dispositions.

Reply to
gruhn

I wasn't referring to 'should' in the moral sense, I was thinking more in the geopolitical sense. Morals very rarely get brought into that one. ;-)

LOL sunni dispositions? Forgot my spellcheck.

Reply to
Cato

Funny, the "sense" didn't even enter my head.

Sure, it's after something's done we usually say "oops, I shouldn't have done that" but hindsight is 20/20.

I'm reminded (again) of the people who said "See, Y2K was no big thing, you shouldn't have spent billions trying to fix it."

Reply to
gruhn

Gruhn,

Left Liberals aren't a problem, it's the "admin" and their oil buddies keeping the money away from the U.S.

Left=correct Right=Wrong

Get it straight.

Reply to
Saab Guy

Are you psychic? Don't give your skills away for free, there's money to be made out there.

Reply to
Cato

You have no idea, guy. Leave it alone.

Reply to
gruhn

Don,

Excellent, very inspirational!

Now I have soo much to look forward to with that TRULY positive outlook on life here in the U.S.

Thanks again, now I can rest easy.

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

life here in the U.S.

Word up. If you can't make nice utopian speeches full of inspiration and panda sex than don't say anything all.

Reply to
gruhn

I hope he got the message, I agree gruhn.

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

"P. Fritz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Hmmm, could it be...no, impossible....and yet....even in Iraq, maybe....more than one point of view?

GASP!

Oh well, whaddaya expect from someone registered with NO political party - I'm even worse than the Democrats and will surely go to Hell.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Cato" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

You mean, like in Newark? Or Houston? Or even (can you imagine?) in Toronto or London or Paris...?

There are even rumors of a few French people who like Americans...

Yup.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Hard for kids to do these days.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Saab Guy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com:

Power corrupts; abosolute power corrupts absolutely.

At this point, I don't think either is right. What is lacking is a sense of balance.

Reply to
Kris Krieger