Re: Concealing the bottom of the kitchen cabinets

It can be done, but it's not a great option. Maintenance, functionality and aesthetics could be better addressed in other ways than an extra deep toe kick.
How about changing the question to - what could I do to make the toe kicks more interesting? You'll get more out of your ? that way.

I've done the drawer thing and it's a great place to store things. The dog bowl idea is interesting, but odd. Generally, both me and the dog prefer to have his water accessible at all times. Where's the benefit it having it slide out of the way, and when it's extended blocking the area in front of the cabinet?

Or run the flooring up in a curve to form the toe kick space - kind of like a sanitary cove.

I think that advice might be a bit dangerous in some people's hands/ minds. It would tend to look like a mish mash of styles unless done carefully.

I guess I didn't give the full picture. The food dish (2 of them since the client has 2 dogs) were put into a pullout drawer. I put the water dish into a different pullout drawer (with faucet in the cabinet) and used a retractable pocket door at the water dish area. So most of the time the dish is accessible, but it's also possible to close the door and look "pet free". I did this in a large walk-thru pantry between the kitchen & garage entry (and across the hall from the mudroom with dog shower). The bowls are in cabinets furthest from the kitchen (closest to the mudroom) so they're not in the way of normal pantry usage.

Depending upon the flooring material that could be very nice.

Well, I'm assuming that someone with some amount of design talent will be involved. If not, at least I don't have to look at it!!!
Michael (LS)

I don't think anyone has mention using the toe kick for a pullout step (which is fairly common). If the kick is high enough it can be a very usable step, especially if there are kids who need help reaching the sink, or for grown ups to reach the upper part of the upper cabinets.
Michael (LS)
You want to make them dissapear????? Try the old magicians trick. Make them out of mirrors. Lou

I do have central vac and there is an existing inlet in the kitchen. Can you elaborate what you mean by a "toe kick spot"?

It's common to build in a central vac outlet in the toe of the lowers. Great for when sweeping the kitchen floor. Ditto for heat registers.

Except for the part about sweeping up, of course.

See? I told you you'd get more out of your question if you rephrased it.