Re: Building Physicist

: D

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Problem is, I deleted Internet Explorer, I did dislike it so. I kept Outlook Express.

Where can I find Mr. ultility?

Reply to
++

On 03 Mar 2008, ++ wrote

If you've actually *deleted* Internet Explorer (rather than just the desk-top links to it), you've almost certainly broken your Windows installation.

(IE is deeply, deeply embedded in Windows; you'd have to have used something like XPLite to rip it out, and it sounds like that's probably not the case.)

So ocheck on your machine for this file:

Program Files>Internet Exporer>iexplore.exe

If you find it, IE's still there (but just hidden) -- s0 either click on it to open it directly, or right-click and choose "Send" to put a shortcut on your desktop to open it later.

There are two of them; the one I used some years ago was

This one's also recommended by the Firefox people:

And this is an article on the Mozilla/Firefox support people which will tell you *way* way more than you really want to know about setting the default:

HTH.

Reply to
HVS

On 03 Mar 2008, ++ wrote

I suspect that you'll have to either get some other bully-boy program (like IE) to claim default rights, or to use one of those utilities.

This whole process may not solve the Thunderbrid problem, of course, but the process worked for me a few years ago when I had a very similar problem.

Reply to
HVS

Continuing top posting: I thought OE was a part of IE, so then I'd bet you didn't delete IE, and just mothballed it. Look for iexplore.exe on your drive and make it your default. Then reverse the whole proceedure.

++ wrote:
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich