Re: Attitude + Drugs = Insane Architecture

Thanks. Never heard of the Watts Towers before...

Is this you trying to post on something more architectural than grout? Did your press agent give you the idea? Not bad, keep at it, but maybe hire someone with an education in the subject. If you don't know any, I could hook you up. I know a few.

With a history like yours it takes a long time to change public perceptions. Now if only you could stop posting those sermons of yours on me-me-morality and whacko politics....and those medical diagnoses...and all that cussing and name calling.... and... oh, who are we kidding?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

You may want to vacate the little rent free space Don inhabits in your head.

Reply to
Secretia Green

That's smart, cuz it ain't gonna happen, unless you let Jesus into your heart or something.

Yeah, and trolling newsgroups under pseudonyms, and firing victims of domestic abuse. You're pretty tough all right.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Maybe so, but it ain't Don per se- he's powerless for now. I don't like

*bullies*. I spent three years on my last "bully" project...

which directly resulted in this:

and this:

Don't you have a little unproductive habit of some kind? If not, I'd suggest you try it.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

"Don" wrote in news:fqmbkr0kg7 @news3.newsguy.com:

Why drugs? If these guys were on drugs, they prob would not have built these things becasue they'd be sitting around either twitching, or hanging over the chair arms saying "heeeeyyyy doooooood......"

IMo, more power to them - whatever one might think aesthetically, I think it's great that some people still not only dream, but ignore the naysayers and negativists to pursue those dreams. Ther are all sorts of dreams/inspirations, and IMO, hey, go for it.

If nothing else, one cannot legitimately accuse them of being "mere mindless sheep".

Reply to
Kris Krieger

I couldn't see the link, but if it was Watts Towers, I remember going there for a school trip. Wasn't built by any architect, just a construction worker in his spare time, using whatever he could find. I think of it more as a large sculpture rather than architecture, though it is thought to be along vernacular architectural lines. Pretty amazing up close, though it was so long ago.

Reply to
Edgar

"Edgar" wrote in news:47cee9c6$0$21171$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com:

THe link had several examples o fpersonally-created "structural sculptures"/"sculptural structures". THey seem to blur the line between architecture and sculpture in the sense that some can be entered, tho' I'm not so sure whetehr one could say that they actually function as buildings.

But it's still really cool IMO that peole do this sort of thing :)

((I've only seen pics, myself.))

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Succinctly put. The thing I find most troubling is that two stubborn people are willing to f*ck up innocent peoples' enjoyment so they can 'win'.

Here's the deal for Michael and Don - show any one of these stupid threads you're both propagating to your kids, or parents if they're still alive, and the person that doesn't hear, "Yeah, he's an asshole, but you're acting like an asshole, too. You're never going to win, so just ignore him." wins!*

  • Don't hold out hope that you're going to win.

Reply to
RicodJour

I've got another one; email each other. Take it outside.

Failing that (rolls eyes), how about one standard for Don, and another for everyone else? ;D

Reply to
Warm Worm

How about, if it's offensive, killfile it? Not seeing it at all, except when someone replies to it, whatever "it" is, means never having to accidentally respond to it

Reply to
++

Who is innocent here, and what aren't they enjoying? There is still all the wonderful content provided by the Redneck Broadcasting System. You've watched Don Linsenbach insult and chase numerous gentler people from the group, under his current identity. If you've been enjoying this cyber-bloodsport, I'm sure the vanquished would hardly call that innocent.

You haven't answered my other questions about shaking and making up with Don Linsenbach yet, Rico. Remember them? I've asked them several times now, so I'm left to wonder why you won't answer. They are:

Have you ever asked anyone to shake hands and make up with Don Linsenbach before?

If so, how did that turn out?

I have stated generous terms:

No offensive behavior towards others from Don Linsenbach, and no OT political/philosophical blogging by Don Linsenbach on the group and I'll stand down, and treat him civilly.

Would this spoil your 'innocent' fun?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

You mean the status quo?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

And yours is...what? Internet Troll?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Why not tell us all about your morality and your dittohead politics?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

You killfile identities, not messages. Don Linsenbach has flamed one too many.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Yep, keep painting yourself in that big white hat. Maybe someday someone will believe it. Your feelings got hurt and you're trying to get 'even'.

Do not ask me questions hoping to pull me into your stupid tilting at windmills, DON Quixote. I am not your enemy, but it appears you are trying to make me one. Why? What did I ever do to you except point out that you've been acting like an asshole? Ask your wife, kids, parents, co-workers - anyone at all in the 'real' world what their opinion is on your behavior. You're embarassing yourself and embarassing your family. Over what? Hurt pride.

You do know how newsgroups work, right? You do understand that this is an unmoderated group, right? You do realize that Don is Don and you are you and you're both stubborn children and won't change of your own volition, right? You do realize that there is nothing either of you can do to change the other one, right?

So what do you do? You resort to personal attacks (way to take the high road and lead by example), and hope to out-flame your 'opponent'. Yeah, that's a winning tactic on Usenet if I've ever heard one. It's pathetic.

You came to the group as a normal person with a sense of humor, and you've turned into a flaming asshole.

The only thing you will accomplish is turning into the very thing you hate. A Usenet bully. Congratulations. Now please f*ck off.

RicodJour

While you're at it, start only on topic threads, or put OT in the subject line.

You guys deserve each other. Obviously neither of you cares what the other one thinks, SO WHY DO YOU KEEP REPLYING TO EACH OTHER?!

RicodJour

But I see you as, more often than not, missing/losing grip and falling down, though. And when some point to the shit on your own face and nose, it's like you don't seem to know quite what they're talking about.

In any case, and as you might have suggested, the decades-long shit is getting old, dry and cracked. How about putting it out to pasture? :)

Reply to
Warm Worm

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.newsguy.com:

Endorphins Rule!