Re: Apartment conversion

an occupancy certificate would be a good start,.....................

So I looked at a small apartment building -- about a dozen units. It > was "converted" from a motel to an apartment building without any > government approvals. Zoning allows both uses (motel and apartments) > by right. Seller never bothered with notifying the town re change in > use. > > Seller MUST argue that he changed the use or he'll be stuck with a > HUGE bill for not paying bed tax on a motel units for the last few > years. > > Some rehab done, but not a lot. There are no permits or (of course) C > of Os. > > One are is two story high with flats on both stories. There are no > sprinklers. > > I have the building inspector doing a walk-through next week. > > Just how much trouble is this place? > > What should I ask the CEO. > > I'm just crossing the T-s and dotting the I-s.
Reply to
<gary