Re: Alternative Energy

http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/next-energy-news-toshiba-micro-nuclear-1 2.17b.html
That reactor will make many people nervous. Imagine a drunk party weekend with a reactor in the basement.

I think these are pebble bed reactors, but not sure. Pebble bed reactor can run so hot that they will disassociate water into hydrogen and oxygen just from the heat alone.
Supposedly Canada is interested in these reactors for putting in the basement of apartment buildings.
["Followup-To:" header set to misc.transport.road.]

What? So I can run my car on water if I power it with one of these reactors?
That'd be neat.
--
Steve Sobol, Victorville, CA PGP:0xE3AE35ED www.SteveSobol.com
Geek-for-hire. Details: http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevesobol

In other words, driving aroudn with one of those things is not a good idea. Why would I want to drive with a big propane tank in my car? :)
(Especially around here, where we are part of the Southern California car culture where many people don't care how many accidents they cause, as long as THEY get to THEIR destination on time.)
--
Steve Sobol, Victorville, CA PGP:0xE3AE35ED www.SteveSobol.com
Geek-for-hire. Details: http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevesobol

Private company appears as a bit of an oxymoron. There's no such thing as a "private company". Everything's public insofar as you can't do anything without an effect that goes beyond your so-called private sphere.
First post from the West Coast, BTW... I missed a window seat, but got an aisle, for my feet.

Like personal nukes?

The two aren't mutually-exclusive anyway, so why talk as though they are? Oh ya, that's right; you're that black-and-white dude.
;)

Let's throw caution to the wind and deny all the 'apparently obvious' that we can. ;)

That, or thousands of drunken folks with at least one of them at their fingertips. ;) ...If that doesn't help to move people out of cities in a hurry and out nearer to the ruralites (inside joke). ;D

It's easy to lie when you're drunk. In fact, many lie about being drunk, so you potentially have more than one lie.

That and "private" property owners perhaps.

Government coinage no doubt...
Some consider some forms of private property to be theft, and I'm tempted to agree in some cases.
"I never made a nickel from another man's sweat" --from the film, Eureka.
Supposedly he just bought up more land than he needed from the wealth of the land.
AFAI'm aware, you still have yet to reconcile the Pareto Effect.
["Followup-To:" header set to misc.transport.road.]

First, there are varying degrees of observance with the Amish. Most choose to shun technology completely, but not all. I grew up in Cleveland, within an hour's drive of big Amish enclaves in Ohio's Geauga and Holmes counties. My father sells flooring installation supplies and tools, and some of his regular customers are Amish. Some he makes deliveries to exclusively, while others drive to his store.
Plus, we're talking teenagers. Amish teenagers can be just as rebellious as teenagers in other ethnic groups!