Quite clearly, zoning is rather relaxed...

http://www.dezeen.com/2007/03/18/private-house-near-moscow-by-zaha-hadid /
I like it. And I hate it. Let me explain.
There's something compelling about the upper half of it. And that's probably why Pierre Koenig did the same thing in 1960 with his Stahl House outside of Los Angeles.
http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Case_Study_House_22.html
Zaha's house in Moscow is, at worst, a cancerous ripoff. At best: half superfluous.

I was going to say, "Guys. Unknot your knickers. It's just a drawing.", and write up is kinda cute as long as you don't assume that it means anything.
I tried to use the links on that page Adam, but couldn't get anything substantive at all. Can you post something?With Zaha's, did anyone see a plan? Section? Program? If not, then we have to take it as just an image.
As an image, I like the thing, (I generally like all public pools), but for me *architecture* is more than a swooshy photoshoped perspective. Sorry. I know that's old fashioned, but I'm getting old enough to pull that off I think. As architecture, there isn't enough there to comment on it substantively. Calling it cancerous might be justified if and when the landscape starts to become covered in this sort of stuff made of something more permanent than pixels.
I wonder what that roof is made of. Is that "white"? If so, I wonder if there's a local supplier...They'll probably end up substituting "bjelo" for it.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

http://www.usc.edu/dept/architecture/slide/koenig/008/008.html

Thanks Pierre. I thought Adam said the tower element of Zaha's was lifted from the Koenig house. I can't imagine there's anything so vertical above that big overhang.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Personally, I found the compositing and 3D to be rather cheesy - I've seen *much* better (I won't even touch on what's passing for the composition), so it doesn't work for me as an image, either, not even remotely.

"B'elie" is sometimes also used to mean "underwear" (as im "whites"), and IMO, that useage would be appropriate for this thing ;)

I "only" play around with 3D, but, even in my most feverish drunken delerium, I would never come up with such an atrocity. If the idea is to have a house with a could of viewing platforms and/or raised guest houses, it seems to me that there are thousands (or more) ways to come up with something that doesn't look like a reject from a Dali-On-Drugs-Wannabe contest.
As for the verbiage - what total crap. I might be "just a layperson", but I know a blivet when I see or hear it. IMO, it sounds like it was produced by a poorly-programmed text-generation AI. IOW, it's meaningless, using artificially-complex language to describe a simple concept - evidently in a blatant attempt to disguise that the concept was so horrendously executed. It reminds me of the unnecessarily verbose and grammatically over-complex swaths of incorrectly-used polysallibic terms, strung together by shiny metallic-finish plastic beads, proffered as explanations of why three red lines painted onto a chunck of masonite is a $2-million work of art...
Someone suggested that the designer work for NASA, but I find that idea a bti offensive - such a design is more appropriate to a cheap video game.
Just because something is weird, that doesn't make it art, or even interesting or inventive.
Zoning isn't as abusive as it might be and the word is "relaxed." See how they lull us in to a false sense of dependency.