Ping Ken

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news:6cfb5409-8acd-4600- snipped-for-privacy@f15g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

Like the Bradfield Scheme:

Didn't happen.

Something similar was recalculated again a few years ago, until the calculations went into those funny numbers (RPN?).

The largest pipes are too small, and canals? There has to be an easier way to go bankrupt.

This year it all happened naturally - concurrence of La Nina and Indian Ocean Dipole effects. But the Return Interval seems to be about 35 years.

Probably a something similar over there?

Reply to
troppo

How do you think I should spend your money? Democracy is a fancy word for mob rule.

Reply to
creative1986

Yes I've heard that quip before. How far do you go with quips; with notions of democracy; or with housing or anarchy or individualism for that matter?

How do you think I should make your shoes, or how much do you think I should charge you for them? Or grow your food, build your house or make your clothes for you? Or are you going to/have you done that all by yourself?

You already spend your money on things whose manufacture you don't control.

Are your quips your own? Or are they borrowed? Mob quips?

Reply to
Warm Worm

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d1g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

It's Martin

One of my clients always types my name "Martian". Sometimes feel like I'm from another planet - I reckon he is - or maybe it's because I get paid to fight his battles - he's not good at staying under the radar ...

Brilliant eh. I once dug up a Roman onsite wastewater system. Built very early AD, still working satisfactorily, in use by subsequent occupiers. These days you only get a 15 year warranty at best ?

Sadly, never got to record it - client desperate to avoid the govmints.

LOL Every so often, around Hadrian's Wall, stashes of tools get dug up, shovels, picks etc. At one time it was thought to be strategic, but it's too random for the Romans. Most likely work gangs dumping the stuff, blame it on the barbarians, come back later. The work may have changed in

2000 years, but the construction industry hasn't.

"Slave Lake experiences a subarctic climate (Köppen climate classification Dfc) that borders on a humid continental climate (Köppen Dfb)" [Wikipedia].

Maybe a cycles between the two ? One loads fuel, the other dries it out?

Reply to
troppo

Hearing and listening are not the same thing. Listening = hearing + thinking

Yes of course and I intend to keep it that way. People in favor of mob rule, or democracy, are cowardly mental slaves, not unlike young children.

Reply to
creative1986

rote:

Don believes in individualism to the extent that he tells people how they should behave, and the priority of the self to the extent that he tells people who they should be. I've always found that curious. How can someone believe in individual expression not condone people that express themselves? Very strange.

RicodJour

Copy-pasting links to what others say is not individualism. You know better than that Rico. When Richard makes a comment I that sounds unique or interesting I'll take it into consideration and when he pastes silliness I'll comment on that too. His recent comment about using a satellite dish for a solar cooker was an example. I have a large dish that I may use just for that purpose. Its been down in the shed for years and even though I've researched solar cookers it just never occurred to me to put them together. Now that the sun is out I will delve into it. Now I need to find some shiny heat resistant spray paint.

Reply to
creative1986

I have no idea whether using a satellite dish as a solar cooker will work! But I mention it as a possibility and what do you know? Suddenly we get a post that Don's talking about doing so... while posting about original ideas and individualism to boot!

Reply to
Warm Worm

Yes I've heard that quip before too. Quipping is different than explaining, elaborating, synthesising. Quipping can fool some into thinking you actually know what you're talking about.

Then transcend democracy. Offer an alternative. If that alternative is your beloved so-called individualism, then expound on it. Show some 'mental courage' beyond your feeble quips.

Reply to
Warm Worm

Well how about that; it seems to work and, by the video, rather well:

My initial thought after posting the idea was that it might not work if the focal length is somehow problematic and/or the pan/etc. gets in the way. I'm mildly surprised that it appears to work. Ah, the power of mobs. ;)

Reply to
Warm Worm

I looked admittedly quickly at the vid, but it looked like they used some kind of sticky aluminum foil or... silver leaf? At any rate, I imagine a whole lot of small (cut from larger?) mirrors glued/fixed to the dish ("inverted discoball") might work too, and you could custom-angle-fix/glue each one to the right spot, too. Definitely let us know about that one too... Maybe you could get some kind of photovoltaic system out of it too, such as to power your power tools... or maybe even a series of them under glass with a copper water pipe passing through, perhaps via two- way spiral, the hotspots?

Reply to
Warm Worm

What is individualistic for me may not be so for you, that is the root of individualism. I don't think I ever adhered to democracy but rather learned to live with it, for a long time, and then tried to avoid it. I'm still trying. On an individual level most people, whom are individuals, cannot live by mob rule as it takes more than 2 to have a mob. Just stay out of crowds and you can avoid democracy! HA! In summation, if you are tired of all the democracy nonsense only you can figure out how to eliminate it from your life, no one else can do it for you. I can, and have, told you some of the things about my journey to escape the insanity and have achieved maybe 80% of it but I am doubtful I will ever reach 100%, at least not while living in the US, but I'll keep trying. Seriously, becoming completely self employed is a major first step for it allows you the freedom to think in a manner that is opposite to the role you have to live each day by being in the common work force. Once you get to that point the rest is in the details.

Reply to
creative1986

Well I have a dilema of sorts. First, my wife backed out of getting rid of the TV dish. When she called to cancel it (DISH Network) they made her an offer she couldn't refuse. LOL It was a very good offer and I might have buckled too if I had been the one to call. But I have another dish, even larger, from my internet in Florida, can't remember the name of the service right now. It's ovoid in shape, about 48" x 30" and made out of heavy grade plastic with reinf ribs. However, its in the storage shed at the far end of our property and is impossible to access right now without extreme effort. Over the winter 2 large evergreen trees fell over, the first at about

15 degrees from horizontal, then the 2nd fell over top of the first and I dare not go under them to get to the shed. I cannot go around them because of the extremely intense foliage growth this year. I shit you not it is like an amazon rain forest around here, times 10! Nature is reclaiming the earth and its not wasting anytime about it. To get to the dish I have to first fix my bush hawg, which broke last fall, then cut down a lot of foliage. Then cut down and remove 2 fallen trees. Then once the trees are out of the way break out the bush hawg again for some serious swathing. Frankly, I'm not sure its worth it. If I had a couple stix of tnt I could make short work of it pronto.
Reply to
creative1986