Piers for a small Cottage.

Purchased a recreational lot in BC, but it's zoned R1 residential, so BC building code applies. Want to build cottage, size 20'x20'.
The lot is flat on dense gravel, but it has to much clay content to be used for an aggregate in a concrete mixture, and the nearest aggragate supplier is 30 miles away and charges $100 min, for my 12 piers, 2' into the ground per code, to deliver, then of course I mix and pour using sonotube forms.
The bearing pressure of the lot gravel is rated 150 KPa ~ 3,000#/sq ft, ascertained by diggings 4' down for septic approval, and has fast drainage.
What do you guy's think about using Pressure Treated wood for the piers instead of concrete?
I'm figuring, a slab of PT lumber at the bottom of the hole spreading the area to about a sq ft, with a 2' fastened 6"x6" PT vertical short beam, as my pier, upon which the floor beams sit.
Naturally, I'd be careful and apply a serious tar resin to the PT and end cut's to avoid rot.
Comments appreciated... Thanks again Ken S. Tucker
Don wrote:

contamination
application to

Ok I'll use Saran wrap. Telephone poles aren't on Greenpeaces list .... yet ???

an Auger

Auger won't work, rocks in gravel half the size of my head, (the one on my shoulders), also only need 2' deep in this area, so spade digging is easy.

back and

the
around the

connect 6x6

liberally
of the

posts and

o/c,
HU210
I wanted to do something like that, but that plan needs to be certified by an engineer, because it's not "WESTERN CONSTRUCTION", which is based on compression force. I would prefer your system but it's based on *shear* force, recall I'm in BC Canuckistan, where you a pay a bribe to get somebody who ain't stoned.

galv
permitting.
Don't forget lost body parts, I'm using a shovel, so add another case of brew.

period.