Physical Security book suggestions? I need more

I am doing a project on the physical aspects of security in a comparative analysis between the United States and Scandinavia.

I am in need of approximately 20 books for a research project on designing with security in mind.

I am comparing United States Architecture with Scandinavian Architecture with regards to security.

The following books I have in my possession.

Security - Planning & Design - A Guide for Architects and Building Design Professionals, AIA (2004) Effective Physical Security - Third Edition, Lawrence J. Fennelly (2004) Building Security (Red Book) - Handbook for Architectural Planning and Design. Nadel (2004) Creating Defensible Space - U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (1996) History of the United States Capital - A chronicle of design, construction and politics, William C. Allen (2001) Computer Security Handbook (Chapter 14 only) - 4th Edition (2002) Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design - Timothy D. Crowe (2000) Security and Site Design - American Society of Landscape Architects (2005) Design Out Crime - Creating Safe and Sustainable Communities - Ian Colquhoun (2004) The Hidden Dimension - Edward Hall Personal Space: The Behavioral Basis of Design - Robert Sommers Behavior in Public Spaces - Irving Goffman

If someone could help me with about 9 more books, including any emphasizing security techniques in Scandinavia as well, I would appreciate it.

I would like to break down these 20 books into 5 segments of 4 books to span a study period of approximately 6 months.

Concepts that I'd like more information on are

  • Security by Obscurity
  • Transparent Security
  • Minimalist Architecture being analogous to the Physical Security Requirements of today.
  • Temperature and its affect on crime

I eagerly look forward to any suggestions for materials you could provide.

Best Regards,

Reply to
Saab Guy

Is that a joke?

Reply to
Saab Guy

On 28 Aug 2005, Saab Guy wrote

I thought it was a pretty obvious one!

(Like Don, I'm curious how "obesity" can provide physical security from anything other than immediate starvation....)

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle