Per's Dream?

Or Pierre's nightmare? Hmmm, Per, Pierre.....one and the same?

creative1986

Or Pierre's nightmare? Hmmm, Per, Pierre.....one and the same?

creative1986

Not sure why it would be a nightmare... Bring it on!!! We'll build it, twist it and watch when the owner burns it down! Long live VillaNM!

Reply to
Pierre Levesque, AIA

HA! I forgot about that part! What year did that happen?

My wife is trying to get used to that thing. Hopefully I'll die before I get old.

Reply to
creative1986

That wasn't that long ago... 2007 Architectural Record House of the year. Owner insured it for 10 mil and then it "mysteriously" exploded on Feb 5

2008
Pierre Levesque, AIA

Is this worth watching (how long is it?), about building a prefab hotel...

Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

That article used eroticism and puritanical. Should have said esoterical and provincial. I'm going to start an architectural magazine titled The "Unglossy Rag" and no words with more than 5 letters will be used.

$10mil seems about 10 times too much, at least. just sayin....

Reply to
creative1986

It's 3:04 in duration. No, nothing's worth watching. On dial-up it would take 2 hours. heh

Reply to
creative1986

Have you noticed the higher the speed of interconnect the more it costs and then more adverts there are to ignore, yet content is still primitive, so why pay for someone to send me more ads. Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j4g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

I have a couple of models I'd like to "3D print" ((not architectural, just "thinkies")) =;-)

But seriously, this would be an interesting public building; I'm not convinced, though, about how functional it'd be.

I'm currently trying to figure out how far down I could pare our living space, if I had a Studio. We use very little space for actually living; most of th espace I use is devoted to my "stuff-making", which currently, is mostly glass-related, though I'll be expanding to glass-and-concrete, and want to add glass fusing and casting. But other than "stuff-making", I'm realizing the the amount of space we actually *need* is actually pretty small. It's be even less, if there was a lot of built-in storage - then we could get rid of most of the furniture...

An *interesting* small space would be cool, though, such as some of the treehouses and whatnot. But i see this "Moebius strip building" as more of a public building.

Reply to
Beauvine

Since I'm stuck in a twilight zone of sorts, not broadband - not dialup, bu t Hughes satellite, I have to always be vigilant of content as we have a 25

0mb/day speedbump to maintain. We've exceeded that a couple times in the pa st 7 years we've had this dish and they snap it off DEEP in that ass withou t warning. They drop the speed down to an absolute crawl, I mean just sendi ng a basic email will timeout 10 times before going thru and thats with no attachments, just simple text. They maintain that penalty for 3-5 days.

I rarely view web video's unless it is something especially enticing, and s hort.

Oh yeah, we pay $80/mth for this shitty satellite. It's either that or true dial up and I don't think I could stand that for 1 second, I mean, whats the point? But maybe I'm wrong, I havent been on dia l up since about 1998 or so.

Reply to
creative1986

If you're considering dial-up I guess it means you still have a LAN line. Doesn't your telco offer DSL for maybe 30-40 bux or somefink? At least these offer around 3MBPS (usually). UP here in the mountains, our ONLY option other than dial-up is cable. So I switched everything to cable, internet, TV and phone.

Reply to
Pierre Levesque, AIA

Yeah we have a High Speed option from a tower 'cross the lake', maybe $50/month, for 100Gb then extra over that, seems like the price is ok if it's useful to ya, but it's not to us, 600/yr for something we won't use much more that LAN line. Advertising keeps social site stock sky high selling you need sumfink, which in turn generates need for higher speed so you can down load commercials without TV. As the wonder-site ad revenue slips then add more ads, you add more Band Width for watered down content. NUTZ Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

Believe me. The PRIMARY reason why we have high speed bandwidth is for streaming content. We watch more streaming content than regular teevee. My wife watches all her movies and favorite programming on-demand on Netflix and Hulu, I watch all my sports content on-demand, as well as news weather entertainment etc. And all the home/cell phone movies I make of the kitties and hiking and other miscellaneous things get posted to my YouTube account so that once posted, I can delete them off my 'puter. Doing that allows us to just have basic cable - no box 14 bux/month cable bill.

That's the primary reason. But there's a much more important reason too. Uploading and downloading all my client and other biz materials. Both for communication and sharing reasons, as well as for back-up reasons.

Of course, if your only option is satellite, then so be it.

Reply to
Pierre Levesque, AIA

Occasionally we'll tape a show, maybe once/month, for us most TV and movies puts us to sleep.

All power to ya, architecture presentations etc. necessarily are a great business tool. It's also very useful for trading. Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

[ snipped ]

Shoot, I have cable - so the problem isn't download speed, it's just that I haven't got the time to look at hours and hours of videos, heh! ;)

Reply to
Beauvine

You spelled sumfink better than Pierre. Just sayin'.

Reply to
Warm Worm

Are youz queschinning my spelting? ;-)

Reply to
Pierre Levesque, AIA

It's ok! Ken's untouchable! Nothing to be ashamed of. ;D

Reply to
Warm Worm