our mother nature... and the spirit in the sky

we percieve things according to our experience. we commonly see characteristics by opposition, by polarity. this is the functioning of consciousness. the mother/father distinction is our fundemental model for this.
throughout the world, we have 'creation myths'/cosmologies *based on our consciouness*... yin/yang ; earth mother/sky father ; matter/idea[spirit]...
these are about the origin of our consciousness, rather than that of the world.
-- R'zenboom Signal.ds

Unless of course you're from a culture, and/or have an innate mondset, that instead perceives things in triplicities - mother/father/child, earth/sky/sea, day/night/twilight-dawn, etc. - and/or other, more complex geometries. The world is not an either-or place - it isn't black-or-white, and it is even beyond greyscale - it's full-blown multicolor.
So don't say "we" - maybe you live in a black-or-white world, and maybe even most people (a.k.a. "the fat belly of the bell curve") do, but not all of us do.
- K.

yin/yang actually recognizes this. It's a nice model. Probably explains the demise of its popularity... in some circles (I crack me up.)

The Rainbow Connection!
Hey, it's not easy being green.

Heh... ;)
The problem is that the circles (very loosely, "light in the dark and the dark in the light") are most often eliminated from the representation.

Ribbit... I am *positive* there's a reference in there that's (contraction for "that has" <g!>) gone right past me (at about Mach 2)... Can I blame senility or do I actually have to pass 50 as opposed to being on the verge of it...?
((...I know - I prob. ought to have let the post go, but I get really tired of the "either-or" cultural mindset...IMO it's one of the main contributors to most problems.))
- Kris

You must be... FIFTEEE FIIIIVE!!!!!

tired
contributors
Yer either furry assed or yer a Guinness.
Aye, I'm a big non-fan of the "single political axis" people. Worse the "Oh, you are for gay marriage so you must be for abortion and against big corporations and for government healthcare and..."