OT: Paintball Gun

To All:

I'm thinking about buying a paintball gun to use on my neighbor's dogs. They keep coming onto my property to dig holes and do their business. This leaves a mess. I also have some concerns that my grandkids will get hurt by these two dogs. Not because the dogs are vicious, but because the kids are small and the dogs are big.

I've tried talking to the neighbor and it was like talking to stone wall. I've tried calling animal control. They have to catch the dogs running loose.

So, I'm thinking my next course of action is to mark the beasts every time they come across the road. Maybe then the owner will get a clue.

I'm looking at something like this:

Any thoughts on the matter?

Reply to
Bob Morrison

Bob Morrison wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.west.earthlink.net:

I've contemplated one for speeding cars on my street...

Well occifer if you look at how long the streak is you can see the car was doing 74 km/h .....in a 50 :-) Ron

Reply to
Ron

Rotten eggs...it will also ruin the paintjob :)

God how many times I wanted to have eggs in the passenger seat when driving. Of course that's a felony, so don't do it.

Reply to
Edgar

Many pet owners don't seem to realize the kind of responsibility needed to keep one. It's as though a pet is merely a stuffed teddy bear. Just last night, at about 2 in the morning, I heard blood-curdling yelping, growling and whining outside as though a dog was being severely beaten. After hearing it happen more than once, I went down and found two dogs in the back of a pickup truck under a sealed canopy. Presumably what I heard was them fighting. A few neighbors, dressed, oddly enough, in dark colors (including me), came down and then the "guys in blue" showed up. They said, after a flashlight, that there didn't seem to be any blood, so, to my mind, the yelps were perhaps-- hopefully-- more out of canine indignation than serious injury.

Your case is funky, but if you can accumulate evidence over time (maybe ideally like a [cellphone?] video every time the dogs come into your yard, and of them in their own yard with little food and water, etc.) that might work in your favour just in case your ass is hauled into court for ultimately shooting the owner-- sorry, dogs-- with paintballs. The law loves evidence; the media love pictures.

Maybe let the neighbor know that you're considering "scaling this up", but that the diplomatic route would be in everyone's best interest. If she asks you what "scaling this up" means, leave her alone with her own interpretations.

If you're inspired; when you say goodbye, say something weird, creepy or unexpected, like, "I hope you sleep nicely tonight", and then mumble something incoherent as you walk away. Maybe make it look like you're coming unglued and that you need a doctor soon or something's gonna give.

In the mean time, see if you can get the balls filled with transparent, invisible, or otherwise less evidential paint. Water/water-washable.

Reply to
Warm Worm

In the same post you say "back yourself up for the law" then suggest "making terroristic threats". The advice is mixed.

If you want to play safe then your guard is always up and you never do or say anything. Document everything. Get it all on paper.

Reply to
gruhn

Alright, it's Peter! :D How've you been? What are you up to these days? I keep forgetting if you are a drafter or architect or architecture student or whatever.

Well of course the advice is mixed! >;D

Agreed. And I'm serious here. :)

Reply to
Warm Worm