normandy, france earthship biotecture - we need your help

When will the subtle emergency facing the earth and its ability to support human life be visible enough to penetrate human dogma?

An American team of Earthship builders who build the most radical form of sustainable housing available on the planet today went to France to share thirty years of research and development with the people of France in an effort to educate the local people on systems of living that can curb global warming and at the very least make it possible for humanity to survive longer in an uncertain future.

The building is as of this date almost finished and already hundreds of local people in the small town of Ger are visiting the site on a daily basis. School children are coming in groups every week to learn about the sustainable systems. The project has been in the headlines of local news papers four times since it was started in late April,

2007.

The US team, however ,was hauled off to the police station for ten hours and the initiator of the project , Michael Reynolds, was interrogated for fourteen hours and charged with criminal concealment of work. He has been forced to pay $30,000 in taxes to the French Government and has to go to French court on June 5th to face charges and fines and possible jail sentencing. All of this for trying to share methods of sustainable living with another country.

A fisherman sets out snare nets for tuna. The nets are specifically for catching tuna. Sometimes a dolphin is caught in the tuna snare. The fisherman has the sense to determine that even though his nets are for tuna, he has snared a dolphin and rather than clubbing the dolphin with the rest of the tuna and putting it on ice, he lets the dolphin go free for a dolphin is not a tuna. If only the French government could be so wise. It is this simple wisdom that is necessary to give us a chance for a future on this planet.

To help us please send an email to snipped-for-privacy@earthship.org, which will be compiled and anonomously presented in support of Michael Reynolds and Earthship Biotecture.

For more information please go to:

thanks!

-- Earthship Biotecture

Reply to
kbase

I cannot buy into the whole "emergency facing the earth" thing. Sorry. It's a crock. I no longer believe ANY of it. The catastrophic global warmers are a religious nuts working hard to convert us all.

1) Using less of everything is simply prudent for personal reasons, with the side effect of helping the "planet."

2) Most of the problems facing the earth are political in nature, not because I choose to drive an SUV. And this is going to get worse as more and more people starting telling us how we should live.

3) Nothing you, or your group does, is going to make a hoot bit of difference in the long run. It's the equivalent of a dust mite in the Universe.

4) "Sustainable" doesn't really mean anything. Even the "green" people can't agree on a common definition. It means what you want it to mean, and most of the time it means "go live in the stone age."

5) I'm not sticking my head in the sand--but you all are.
Reply to
3D Peruna

The "subtle emergency facing the earth and its ability to support human life" is human dogma.

(for some of the audience, the following is a generalization)[god, I have to do that? I'm in the wrong newsgroup] Last I knew, Earthships were big single family houses on big single family lots. The French live in apartments.

If it were _my_ propoganda you'd scream to high heaven. But since it's yours, it's just the facts, m'am.

Slow news day? _local_ papers. "Look, the press release writes the article itself!"

No, that's not what it's for. Are we talking stupid or liar here?

Why would I want to support criminals?

If they are anonymous, just write a little shell script to generate them for you.

Is that what kids are calling it these days?

Note the lack of a human.

Reply to
gruhn