New photos of our house

Hello, everyone! I've added a few posts to my blog in case anyone is interested in checking out the latest photos of our house that is under construction (and nearing completion).
Choosing a Hot Water Heater and Water Softener http://www.mynewoldhouse.com/house/article/67/Choosing-a-Hot-Water-Heater-and-Water-Softener.aspx
Preparing For Drywall Finishing With Red Paper http://www.mynewoldhouse.com/house/article/66/Preparing-For-Drywall-Finishing-With-Red-Paper.aspx
Cutting Holes In Drywall For In-Ceiling Speakers http://www.mynewoldhouse.com/house/article/68/Cutting-Holes-In-Drywall-For-In-Ceiling-Speakers.aspx
Cutting In And Other Painting Fun http://www.mynewoldhouse.com/house/article/69/Cutting-In-And-Other-Painting-Fun.aspx
Italianate Cottage: A New Old House In Charlmette, Louisiana http://www.mynewoldhouse.com/house/article/65/Italianate-Cottage-A-New-Old-House-In-Charlmette,-Louisiana.aspx
...that last one is the first entry in our blog for another "new old house" besides ours. If you guys know anyone else who would like to submit photos and a story for their "new old house" let me know. It's kind of fun to learn about other people's "new old houses."
- John
Please post some pictures of the paint drying.

They used CPVC for the gas line to the water heater. IIRC, CPVC is not rated for gas, and I'm pretty sure the valve is not. You really want to check on that before you have a gas leak etc.. Normally black iron pipe or yellow flex is used.
Also, the picture isn't that good to see detail but the galvanized piece that comes out of the right side up toward the top, that should be a T/P relief valve, is it?
If not that's as dangerous as the wrong gas line material. There is supposed to be a water line from the T/P valve (I don't see one, just the galvanized pipe with something black on the end?) with plumbing down toward the floor or to the outside so that hot water can exit the tank to relieve pressure/temperature build up in case of emergency where the water is heated too hot or the pressure exceeds the limit. Otherwise the water heater tank explodes.
You need to check both for code compilance and proper material and a T/ P valve.
Gary Quality Water Associates
The cpvc is actually a return line plumbed into the drain cock port. The gas line hasn't been run yet.
here's a larger view.
http://www.mynewoldhouse.com/house/images/HotWaterLRG.jpg
--
Steve Barker

"Gary Slusser" < snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net> wrote in message
I agree with Gary, there needs to be a T&P valve on the tank that is piped to the floor. I'm not sure which room you are in or which code your jurisdiction uses, but I suspect the hot water tank needs to be on an pedestal that gets the flame over 18" off the floor.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"DanG" < snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net> wrote in message
The galvanized pipe coming out where the T&P valve normally goes looks like it has a schraeder valve and a pressure gauge installed - most likely to pressurize the system with air to proof the system for leaks.