need sky/clouds background

Where can I get some typical sky and cloud backgrounds to add to my building models?
LOL.

Building models? Do you mean model as in balsa wood, etc? I thought at first you meant in drawing presentation but you said building models???

snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com wrote in

First I'm dissapointed in the childish responses you got to the term model. Yes, maybe its technically a 'virtual' model, but model is the term most use when working in true 3D, ie Revit or Sketchup, etc.
I would look through some of the photography sites. ie photo.net I think is one. Depending on the model you may want a fairly large file. good luck.
snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com wrote:

Do you have a child? Can you hand him a white crayon and blue paper? A blue crayon and white paper? Wanna get fancy. Give him a few shades of grey.

Dosch Design has a bunch of nice stuff (including HDRI skies), as does ImageCELS, Artbeats, Evermotion, Marlin Studios, Photodisc, Renderosity, etc. I guess it depends upon how high a resolution you need and what kind of sky you want, most "collections" come with a variety - for instance ImageCELS "Professional Designer" comes with ~ 500 objects, 280 textures, and 25 skies. The skies include beach, lake, field, mountains, and a variety of skies - clear, slightly cloudy, tranquil, stormy, etc. The problem is that with only 25 it doesn't necessarily have a "lake" sky that is "stormy". A bigger collection would however have more to pick from.
HTH,
Michael (LS)

If you have a camera you have your answer. If you have a picture of something outdoors and a scanner, you have your answer.
--
Edgar

Wow a painter too. Impressive. I've used my own random picture's skies in 3D models before, it's a pretty obvious thing. You can probably see a sky in 80 percent of pictures you've ever taken. With digicams the skies the limit :-P (ok really the memory card is the limit, but I liked the pun).
--
Edgar

snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com wrote in

http://www.marlinstudios.com /
Honest folks, good products :)
- K.

Heh - Tom Marlin has a wry sense of humor. He used to be a steady contributor to a 3D email list I was on, but eventually had to drop it to devote more time to his growing business (truely a small entrepeneurial businessman!) and work on his book. I like much of his 3D work - he started in 3D and his business grew out of the niche he saw he coudl build by fulfilling the need for good-quality ready-made textures.
Thsi is one of my favorites: http://www.marlinstudios.com/gallery/mgallery/simpler_times.htm but I've enjoyed a lot of his work.

Oh yeah...I have a dim recollection... Uh-oh, I *must* be getting old, I'm repeating my stories <LOL!>
((I remember when gas was $0.25 a gallon...))