need sky/clouds background

Where can I get some typical sky and cloud backgrounds to add to my building models?

Reply to
pjacobson

LOL.

Reply to
Secretia Green

Building models? Do you mean model as in balsa wood, etc? I thought at first you meant in drawing presentation but you said building models???

Reply to
Jude Alexander

snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com wrote in news:1187355571.216705.44220 @i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

First I'm dissapointed in the childish responses you got to the term model. Yes, maybe its technically a 'virtual' model, but model is the term most use when working in true 3D, ie Revit or Sketchup, etc.

I would look through some of the photography sites. ie photo.net I think is one. Depending on the model you may want a fairly large file. good luck.

Reply to
Ron

Do you have a child? Can you hand him a white crayon and blue paper? A blue crayon and white paper? Wanna get fancy. Give him a few shades of grey.

Reply to
++

Dosch Design has a bunch of nice stuff (including HDRI skies), as does ImageCELS, Artbeats, Evermotion, Marlin Studios, Photodisc, Renderosity, etc. I guess it depends upon how high a resolution you need and what kind of sky you want, most "collections" come with a variety - for instance ImageCELS "Professional Designer" comes with ~ 500 objects, 280 textures, and 25 skies. The skies include beach, lake, field, mountains, and a variety of skies - clear, slightly cloudy, tranquil, stormy, etc. The problem is that with only 25 it doesn't necessarily have a "lake" sky that is "stormy". A bigger collection would however have more to pick from.

HTH,

Michael (LS)

Reply to
Michael (LS)

If you have a camera you have your answer. If you have a picture of something outdoors and a scanner, you have your answer.

Reply to
Edgar

Wow a painter too. Impressive. I've used my own random picture's skies in

3D models before, it's a pretty obvious thing. You can probably see a sky in 80 percent of pictures you've ever taken. With digicams the skies the limit :-P (ok really the memory card is the limit, but I liked the pun).
Reply to
Edgar

snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com wrote in news:1187355571.216705.44220 @i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Honest folks, good products :)

- K.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news5.newsguy.com:

Heh - Tom Marlin has a wry sense of humor. He used to be a steady contributor to a 3D email list I was on, but eventually had to drop it to devote more time to his growing business (truely a small entrepeneurial businessman!) and work on his book. I like much of his 3D work - he started in 3D and his business grew out of the niche he saw he coudl build by fulfilling the need for good-quality ready-made textures.

Thsi is one of my favorites:

I've enjoyed a lot of his work.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com:

Oh yeah...I have a dim recollection... Uh-oh, I *must* be getting old, I'm repeating my stories

((I remember when gas was $0.25 a gallon...))

Reply to
Kris Krieger