Name for cellar doors

replying to eds, Nameschange wrote: I worked in the Boston area and have been trying to think of this term for years. I swear there was another word, and I think it was "manwell." Bulkhead was the other common word

Reply to
Nameschange

replying to priorityman, JC wrote: They are called Sidewalk or Bilco Doors. See story of woman who fell into open Sidewalk doors.

JC

replying to priorityman, Duh wrote: Bulkhead doors

Reply to
Duh

replying to priorityman, pittsylvania wrote: If you can't use cellar door for whatever reason, most experienced contractors will know them as bilco doors

Reply to
pittsylvania

replying to priorityman, Blrny wrote: Bilco doors

Reply to
Blrny