Museums/Stand Exibition design and Ductal

Good morning, I'm a student in Architecture and now I'm starting my thesis degree that will be about the design of a museum with the employment of a new concrete, Ductal (http://www.ductal-lafarge.com ). Anyone could be so kind to give me some online or offline (books, magazines, ...) references about Ductal ?
I'm also interested in collecting materials, books, catalogues, monographs about museums and stand exibition designed by famous architects.
Thanks in adavance, Laura
standalone32 wrote:

First, read the alt.architecture FAQ.
Second, if it's a NEW material why would there be any references to it? New implies it's not been used before. If it's not been used before, then there can't be any references. If there aren't any references, how would anybody point you to them? How about contacting the company itself and ask them if they have a customer list you could contact.
What I'm even more surprised at (but shouldn't be anymore) is that you are starting your thesis degree and ask such, well, inane questions. Well thought out questions will get you help. The questions you asked will most likely garner mocking posts, like this one.
messaggio

concrete,
magazines,
monographs
NEW materials means INNOVATIVE. Some companies begin using it (like LaFarge...), but clearly you have not followed the link I posted.

Already contacted. My post was about sharing information in the newsgroup and collecting other experiences.

Thank you for your precious (and not inane) answer! What about not wasting your preciuos time with such stupid answers?!?
standalone32 wrote:

New doesn't mean "innovative," it means "new." I've seen new products that are not innovative, so if you meant new and innovative, you should have stated so. Following the posted link has NOTHING to do with your question, or my reply.

No...let's review. You posted "Anyone could be so kind to give me some online or offline (books, magazines,...) references about Ductal ?". Your words. You did NOT state you wanted to "share information and collect other experiences." You were looking for information. This is further evidenced by "I'm also interested in collecting materials, books, catalogues, monographs about museums and stand exibition designed by famous architects." What makes you think we're more capable (or useful) than your school's librarian or an Amazon search? Again, the assumption the "regulars" here make is that you're looking for somebody to do your homework for you (again, I reference the FAQ).

You're welcome (and I did sense the sarcasm). Your question fell into the category of "do my work for me because I don't know how to use Google effectively." I answered accordingly.

My answers were not "stupid." You may just be offended in how you were answered.
Look...I have no idea who you are, as you don't know who I am. But you came in to a public place and proceeded to make a fool of yourself with your post and subsequent reply. Heck, I could have easily classified it as an advertisement (which, are premitted, under certain circumstances-see the FAQ) rather than a "question."
How about you try again with more specific, answerable questions?
snip

questions?
3D, maybe an addition to the FAQ may be in order due to demand. Rather than tell them to Google it why don't we add "helpful" ways to use search terms on Google? That seems to be the problem here. People will open Google, but some don't seem to know how to use it. ;-)
Cato wrote:

Maybe... Maybe something about "Google google". That might be a start.
"Cato"

My universities started using electronic "boolean" seach engines for their libraries a long time ago. If you're a student in architecture or anything else, it pains me to think that you would be incapable of what, to me at least, would be rudimentary research skills... which is different from saying Laura's in need of them.
messaggio

that
how
newsgroup
Just to say that I have already searched on the Web (google, books about Ductal on amazon, ...), I have already searched in school's librarian (OPAC by other colleges of engineering and architecture) with no success. The topic is so new that it's very difficult to find materials and documents. The only materials I have found was on LaFarge web site. Clearly, I have already contacted the company to obtain (with no success) more technical materials in addition to the few brochures available on their web site.
I can assure you that I know to use google, internet, search engines and so on. I will say more: if you try to search using only Ductal as keyword, you will obtain all except resources about Ductal... you have to use concrete+Ductal or Ductal+LaFarge.... if you know how to use google ;-)
My idea was to post on a newsgroup, for direct contact and information exchange with people who could have employed Ductal for design in their everyday professional life.
What is your contribution to this discussion? Nothing.... Do you have so time to waste? Are you so rude and unpolite to post this inane answers? Please, stop posting unless that (but I know that it's not possible....) I have to post something useful. It's clearly that you have never heard about Ductal....

documents.
get
I don't want anyone to do my homework. Internet and newsgroup were born to share knowledge.
If such person like 3DPeruna doesn't know that, patience.
A good starting point is http://www.ductal.com/Introduction%20to%20Ductal.pdf
Thanks
standalone32 wrote:

No need to assume, or lecture, what I know or don't know. Yes, I may seem somewhat curmudgeonly, but please go back and re-read your original post and see if you can't understand why the response was what it was.
I can give examples of several questions that would have elicited a different response. Such as "I've found this new product (give link). It's new. Does anyone have any experience with it? Would you use it? If so, how?"
Your item about "I'm also interested in collecting materials, books, catalogues, monographs about museums and stand exibition designed by famous architects." Is simply a statement. Something else is needed to make it useful (or even interesting). Such as "I'm interested in XYZ. I've been to EBay, Amazon, Prairie Avenue, etc. Does anybody have other places or sites that might be useful? I have ABC in my collection, are there recommendations for other things that I might enjoy?"
You see the difference? Try it...you, and we, might like it.
messaggio

You continue in posting unuseful and polemic answers. You are very obstinate and repeat the same things. You are arrogant because you think to teach others how to write, how to post, how to make question. You are not clever at all if you don't understand the needs and the spirit of a student
Please, stop posting anything unless about Ductal ( have you understood what Ductal is? )
"standalone32"

You may risk being included under the categories of your own accusations.
In any case, Marcello seems to have posted some info for you about Ductal in this thread.

I'm sure you'll have his full cooperation.
standalone32 wrote:

No. I'll try and be more patronizing. You, my dear (how's that?), are the one who's missing the point. Your original post did not ask the questions to which you were wanting answers. As to my answers being "unuseful", I'm not sure how your post could have elicited useful answers. I've attempted to help you along (and in the absence of gruhn, I think I've done a pretty good job).
I have not attempted to "teach anyone how to write." There was no grammar lesson included in my post. Simply some suggestions about how to get more out of your post.
No...I'm not clever. And having "never" been a student, I don't understand their needs at all...
Why do you insist on assuming motives? You have yet to admit that your original post has garnered very little useful. Marcello finally posted something, out of the goodness of his heart. I don't know if it will be "useful" to you or not--you still haven't posted a question that would be answerable.
standalone32 wrote:

That's because you're using the wrong search terms. Try "fiber reinforced concrete Ductal" (220,000 hits, as opposed to just Ductal concrete (42,000))
Ductal is basically fiber-reinforced concrete, a very old technology.
http://www.compositesworld.com/ct/issues/2005/April/808/3
http://www.compositesworld.com/ct/issues/2004/February/356
And for the ol' translucent concrete (and some words about Ductal)
http://www.architechmag.com/Articles/detailArchitech.asp?ArticleID#74
I've never specified Ductal, but it seems like a great product to make spiral concrete stairs supported only at the top and bottom treads.
Marcello
"Don"

And if anyone should know, it's Don. ;)
standalone32 wrote:

Well...then, that's a start.

I can Google with the best of 'em. As Marcello posted, your product isn't as "new" as you thought it might have been. I've had the opportunity to consider "fiber-reinforced concrete," but due to budget considerations, those ideas were abandoned.

Do you mean Ductal the product or fiber-reinforced concrete? Again, two different questions.

I beg to differ. First, I've been entertained. That's a positive contribution. I suspect a few other regulars have been, too. Second, you might consider how you post to newsgroups next time.

It's my time (it's my firm) to do with as I please. As for being rude, I have not called you names, insulted you or done any of the things typically considered rude. I have been somewhat condescending. You may see that as rude. I see it as appropriate for the circumstances.

I'm quite sure you don't have the authority to ask me to stop posting, and quite obviously, I haven't. And, yes, it would be nice if you would post something useful.

That sentence certainly warrants a grammar lesson, but I'll skip it. I will point out that you have fallen in to old habits regarding assuming with strangers might nor might not know. It's not a very good sign...

I was going to say, a list of professional who might be willing to send some ifo re: their expereince with it.
And, is the Periodical Index no longer published? Back when I was writing papers (i.e. The Early Cretaceous Era ;) ), there were loads of subject references that directed one to various journals, and articles therein. Is none of that published anymore...? Or has the so-called "educational" system stopped passing along even that basic sort of information, along with other basics, in favor of increasing Digital Dementia...?
Just wondering...