Marketing to architects and interior designers

Hi, I'm thinking about setting up a small scale terrazzo, concrete business focusing on the manufacturing of benchtops, vanities etc. I have: a ton of experience in the manufacturing side of the industry, a large number of new designs and mixes, a plethora of colour samples, so I know I could produce top quality, truly innovative, cost competive product that architects' clients would love. The problem is I'm not sure on how to market to architects, and interior designers. Should I cold call them and/or create a portfolio, of my work and send it out to them? I would value any suggestions on this problem. Also, I am from New Zealand, and was wondering if fairface concrete is going out of fashion as a material for constructing benchtops, vanities etc in the U.S. for high end homes, now that noted American countertop manufacturers, such as Buddy Rhodes, are selling cheap kits, how to videos, on the net, that allow even the poorest people to make their own countertops?

Thanks Don

Reply to
don

ca-ca de baca

Quality is always affected by trends in the same way education always affects one's ability to effectively communicate.

Reply to
clintonG

I'm from France and if we make a comparision bitween the two countries, we see that it seems like make comparision between two universes i want to have more details if it possible about your architecture best regards

Reply to
celeney

I'd say create your portfolio/website and solicit all sources. You may chose to set up a dealership or accounts to market your product wholesale. Shipping is going to be expensive and then many people will steal your designs and have local tradesmen reproduce them. Good luck!

Reply to
Blair/Lanze

"Don" wrote in news:mKH4g.707848$084.182539@attbi_s22:

|||WARNING: Obsessive-Compulsive alert|||

I think you mean "affected". To "effect", in the above sort of useage, would mean "to bring about". Example: "In order to effect change, action is required."

||| End Alert |||

Sorry, it's genetic, I can't help it =:-o !

Reply to
Kris Krieger