Light transmitting concrete is set to go on sale later this year!

Check this out! ...wonderful...
" The days of dull, grey concrete could be about to end. A Hungarian architect has combined the world's most popular building material with optical fiber from Schott to create a new type of concrete that transmits light. " http://optics.org/articles/news/10/3/10/1
-- R'zenboom Signal.ds

And a simple Google search would have told you this is OLD news.

well, excu-u-uu-se me!<|:-p
The condition in the subject line is, to me, insignificant in comparison to the concept...-which I happen to have just discovered. *:-))
Sheesh, guys! Lighten up! If it was possible for me to know something that you don't, I wouldn't drill you for it. ;-] We won't sue you if u don't reference and footnoot every post either!
...or did I miss the memo on group posting policy too ? ;-o
-- R'zenboom Signal.ds

SOmething like that was shown on HGTV a couple months ago, but it used less of the fiber.
What I have been wondering is, would a wall of this stuff act like a thermal mass (storing heat that's released slowly), or like a window (allowing exchange of heat but no real storage).
I had this idea for having a thermal mass (wall) in one of my little designs I play with, shaped like an elongated Bell Curve, with a space between i tand windows, and a venting system (I'd posted a simple diagram some time back.
It might look interesting to have a wall that's part solid concrete and part this stuff.
Even more potentially nifty-looking, I wonder whether a *gradation* is possible, one material fading into the other, an airbrush effect =:-D ! Esp. if *colored* fibers could be used! Wow!
--
- Kris M. Krieger