Light transmitting concrete

Looks very cool.
http://bestpicsaround.com/pic-283-Light-transmitting-concrete
--
Edgar

'zactly!
--
Edgar

This popped up about a year ago - IIRC, they lay fiber-optic material (rods/fibers - I don't recall teh size and suppose it doesn't matter all that much) into the concrete while it's being poured.
I suppose one could also use glass rods. I thought about doing some garden stuff like that, "solar-lighted sculpture-thingies and/or maybe a birdbath with a solar LED under it (too many plans, too many plans...)
If you used thin fibers, wouldn't it be a bit like using fiberglass as part of the matrix, except linear glass rather than random fibers...?