Laurie Baker, Inspirational Architect

"But in Delhi, I was introduced to architecture that was totally faceless. You did not need to know who the client was. It was as if you were building for anybody. It was architecture without values. It was a quagmire of corruption, pretensions and ego. It was a different platform altogether."

"He used to say, 'I never build for classes of people, HIG [high income group], MIG, LIG, tribals [tribal people], fishermen and so on. But I will build only for a Matthew, a Bhaskaran, a Muneer, or a Sankaran.' Baker never built for unknown people. He built for people with names and faces. He believed that every person had a name, a face and a personality."

An architect who truly inspires me. Perhaps the first. Thank you. Richard MacIntyre

Reply to
Warm Worm