Kid Architect

My name is Corey and i am 12 years old. I am verry interested in becomming an architect and i was wondering if there was a blog page or website for kid architects. My google warehouse nickname is Kid Architect.

Reply to
cgsailor26

Corey,

I don't want to discourage you...but if you live in the US, you can't call yourself an architect unless you have a license. Just the way it is.

The other thing, and this is key, is that most architects (including me) don't really start feeling like they know what they're doing until they're much older...almost into their 40's. Until then, we're all "kid architects".

If you're interested, first find a job with an architect. Even if its just to take out the trash. Second, learn a decent CAD program. Sketchup is a good start, but figure out if you can get a version of AutoCAD somehow (they're giving it away to students, do some research). Then get some construction experience. Know how a building actually goes together, not just what "pretty" looks like.

Enjoy...and good luck.

Reply to
3D Peruna