Istanbul is Preparing for Its First International Property & Architecture Event (Press Release Network)

http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=architecture
The ArkiPARC 2008 event organised by Arkitera Architecture Centre taking place at the Harbiye Istanbul on 15-17 October 2008 is getting ready to welcome guests who are all experts in their own field, whether in Turkey or in other parts of the world. I'm not going.
snipped-for-privacy@ng2000.com wrote:

at the Harbiye Istanbul on 15-17 October 2008 is getting ready to welcome guests who are all experts in their own field, whether in Turkey or in other parts of the world. I'm not going.

Could you tell us a little about the event itself?
Wish I was on my fourth trip to Istanbul. On one trip, the family lucked out when we talked to an imam and he gave us a little map in Turkish listing every single mosque in the city with its dates. This allowed us to target visiting just the Selcuk, then the beylik period then the Ottoman, know which were the mosques designed by Sinan (whose style is pretty obvious but there were later imatators, and to even identify some Byzantine churches that had been converted into mosques and some other vakf foundations.