Is World Trade Center Replacement A Fiasco?

Page 2 of 2

So Americans can have their morale raised based simply on when a hole in the ground gets covered over with a building?
who knew that the answer to achieving that blissful feeling was so simple.
A few observations on the World Trade Center. First, it was one of the most fuel-efficient environments in the world, because most people commuted there by mass transportation. It was indeed an irreplacable "wonder of the world", much more so than the Egyption pyramids.
Have you noticed the way the Arab terrorists always seem to target mass transportation? Israeli buses, Spanish railroad stations, the WTC. Gee whiz, I wonder if that's significant, seeing as how all those greaseballs get their billions from gas-guzzlers. The terrorists know which side their bread is greased on.
Building another highrise WTC is moronic. The terrorists will just blow it up again. It may take them 10 or 20 or 30 years, but they'll blow it up again. I don't know who would insure it, but they'd have to be nuts.
A more intelligent approach would be to rebuild the WTC modelled on the PENTAGON. Consider: Both the Pentagon and the WTC were hit by airplanes on 9/11, but the Pentagon did not collapse. Only a small part of it was destroyed.
The WTC should be built on a huge tract of land, either in Brooklyn or New Jersey. None of its buildings should be over 30 stories tall, but yet the total square footage should equal the old WTC complex. There should be tunnels and moving sidewalks and monorails between the buildings. Some airports have trains constantly running between terminals. This would be effective at the new WTC. Each building should be thoroughly fireproof and bomb-resistant. Each should be able to withstand a direct hit from an airplane or a bomb.
Express mass transit lines should be built from Manhatten to the new WTC site, so that it would still be fuel-efficient, and people won't need to give more money to Arab oil sheik money-grubbers.
I know that there are some people who say we shouldn't be "intimidated" by terrorists. We shouldn't? Anyone who isn't afraid of terrorists is a moron. We need to learn from experience. Two WTC towers were destroyed by terrorists, do we really want to sacrifice another one to show that we are fearless fools?
Jack W. Orf
[removed useless groups from list]

Petronas vs. Luxor. ... nope, I don't catch your view.

Yeah, "mass". That is, there's lots of people. Same reason they "always" taget cafes too.

the available real estate

Consider the available real estate. And the usefulness.

No, that's "none of its building [yes, singular] would need to be over 30 stories tall."

You're starting to remind me of The Artillery Man.

What purpose would it serve?

This can't be done. You'll want to go back a few years and read the new pyramids threads all over the net.

No, that's "none of its building [yes, singular] would need to be over 1 story tall."
No, not for that reason. There's another one but it may be buried a few levels too deep for you.

Where the workers don't live.

There are MUCH better solutions to your fuel-efficiency fantasy. If you are serious about "fuel efficiency" you would pursue them.

Because capitalism is bad. This is, after all, to the the World Trade Center.
How about you just call it The World Share Center?

Do we really want to build fireproof/bombresistant commercial office slum in Jersey to show that we are fools?