IRC 2000

Does anyone have a comprehensive checklist for code review? One they would like to share?

Thanks, jojo

Reply to
jojo

You might check with your local building department for the information they will require on the drawings.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

It's mainly to help interns get up to speed. I don't know another way to help them stay on top of code. It's little stuff, forgetting safety glass, forget to put a fence around a pool...yadda yadda.

jojo

Reply to
jojo

That's what redlines are for...isn't it?

Best bet would be to put together a list that is based on the common mistakes you see in your office. Review the list regularly and keep it updated. This is probably the most efficient and least overwhelming.

You could even make it part of their training...give them a redline without explaination besides "code issue"--then have them look it up and add it to the list.

Reply to
3D Peruna

Okay. I get it. Sorry I'm not going to be much help with that.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

The best thing is to create one yourself, based on the type of work........the one I made is specifically for the issues that apply to generic commerical office buildings......and gets inserted into the drawings for ach job.

Reply to
P. Fritz