I think I have heard of this guy

This post reminds me of someone my Dad would talk about before he died. Though I wouldn't say he was all that famous. My Dad worked on the Pentagon in '43-' 44 as a quantity surveyor for the John McShain company from Philadelphia. He always said that Bergstrom hardly knew his head from his tail and used to refer all the time to this little Jewish guy who spoke about five words of English but seemed to know what was going on better than anyone. Dad seemed to think the feller lived on the job and would joke that he wasn't allowed off the site.Strange thing was he used to make amazing furniture. He gave Dad a chair that I've still got. I'd have to call it Ultra Modernist Shaker. It packs flat and hangs on the wall but I reckon Frank Lloyd Wright couldn't have dreamed it up. hmmmm makes me wonder now if it might be worth some money....

Reply to
johnmccarthy71