How to find a local architect

Page 2 of 2
Pierre Levesque wrote:

We tried the "only pay for the leads you want" route. The problem was by the time we figured out what they really wanted/needed wasn't an architect (or had an unrealistic expectation of what $200,000 would buy them in construction costs), we'd have paid for their education. It wasn't worth it.
We worked with SM for a bit to target things tighter, but all we got in our area were bathroom remodel type leads.
have any of u try elance, free bids online?