How heavy a safe can I have upstairs?

x-no-archive: yes
I've been having a hard time trying to find an answer to this. I read something ( written by an engineer ) that said new homes are rated for 75 - 80 pounds per square foot in upstairs rooms. I suppose that's an average and means I could fill an upstairs room with a bunch of 80 pound children.
I have a small 120 lb safe in the basement, it's 93 lbs / square foot. If I take it upstairs, can I put it anywhere on the floor ?
Anyway, I want to buy a small high security safe that's 450 pounds and 195 pounds / square foot. Can I put that upstairs ? My ( uneducated ) guess is I could if I put it on a stand and distributed the weight. How does that sound ?.
Thanks a lot.