House-Design Notes

Tribe is singular: 'A' tribe.

At any rate-- and this is what I wanted to add-- one of my concerns is with some people's notion of government as somehow more separate from the people than other people's notion-- at least in a way that has a greater weight than merely representing the people. Is your knee jerking like Ken's yet?

IOW, what I want to promote with Tribe Of Pangaea is the concept of the individual as the tribe, perhaps not really having or needing a government at all-- hence self-governing (although maybe the word govern is a limited word which contains all kinds of dubious connotations.)

How's your tummy?

Reply to
Warm Worm

te:

h.

"

I could have simply responded here that just because the relayer wants me to believe the data doesn't mean that it is false nor that they believe it is. I came back to this post in part because of the results of some independent surfing:

"The program traces the development of game theory with particular reference to the work of John Nash (famous from "Beautiful Mind"), who believed that all humans were inherently suspicious and selfish creatures that strategized constantly. Using this as his first premise, Nash constructed logically consistent and mathematically verifiable models, for which he won the Nobel Prize in Economics... These games were internally coherent and worked correctly as long as the players obeyed the ground rules that they should behave selfishly and try to outwit their opponents, but when RAND's analysts tried the games on their own secretaries, they instead chose not to betray each other, but to cooperate every time... ...What was not known at the time was that Nash was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia, and, as a result, was deeply suspicious of everyone around him-- =94including his colleagues=94-- and was convinced that many were involved in conspiracies against him. It was this mistaken belief that led to his view of people as a whole that formed the basis for his theories. Footage of an older and wiser Nash was shown in which he acknowledges that his paranoid views of other people at the time were false."

This quote should appeal, too, to your interest in logic.

But wait, there's more... (and you may find it unnerving)

"Curtis examines how game theory was used to create the USA's nuclear strategy during the Cold War. Because no nuclear war occurred, it was believed that game theory had been correct in dictating the creation and maintenance of a massive American nuclear arsenal because the Soviet Union had not attacked America with its nuclear weapons, the supposed deterrent must have worked and the theories would later be propagated through other segments of society."

Both quotes from:

Warm Worm

Not really aside from a few related humanities courses in pre- university college. I've never been interested in studying philosophers in either, except maybe superficially on the rare occasion when I was tracking down some kind of information. How about you?

Reply to
Warm Worm

=E1=BD=81 =CE=B4=E1=BD=B2 =E1=BC=80=CE=BD=CE=B5=CE=BE=CE=AD=CF=84=CE=B1=CF= =83=CF=84=CE=BF=CF=82 =CE=B2=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=82 =CE=BF=E1=BD=90 =CE=B2=CE=B9= =CF=89=CF=84=E1=BD=B8=CF=82 =E1=BC=80=CE=BD=CE=B8=CF=81=CF=8E=CF=80=E1=BF= =B3 or The unexamined life is not worth living for a human being.

Everyone has a philosophy about life, but many don't realize it for what it is. The absence of a thoughtful philosophy is still a philosophy.

RicodJour

=CF=83=CF=84=CE=BF=CF=82 =CE=B2=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=82 =CE=BF=E1=BD=90 =CE=B2=CE= =B9=CF=89=CF=84=E1=BD=B8=CF=82 =E1=BC=80=CE=BD=CE=B8=CF=81=CF=8E=CF=80=E1= =BF=B3

While I do respect philosophy, and that's a good point, I think we can respect/learn/study it outside of academe, although at the same time, I imagine that academe can offer some things not otherwise, normally or easily experienced else/where/how.

Reply to
Warm Worm

e:

=CE=B1=CF=83=CF=84=CE=BF=CF=82 =CE=B2=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=82 =CE=BF=E1=BD=90 =CE= =B2=CE=B9=CF=89=CF=84=E1=BD=B8=CF=82 =E1=BC=80=CE=BD=CE=B8=CF=81=CF=8E=CF= =80=E1=BF=B3

That seems to be a part of, or even encompassing any definition I'm aware of, yes.

Speaking of which, and quite some time ago, I made a deduction, or "leap of objectivity" as a friend called it, (maybe 'imagination' as you might call it) that I thought to be true and that was later confirmed at McGill University... The deduction or flow of it was; that if one knew everything that there was to know-- effectively, if one were "God"-- one could predict any and all future events: However, by the very act of making the prediction, of "knowing" the future, one could or would, paradoxically, render it false, because steps could be taken to change the outcome. So my deduction was that the future was fundamentally unpredictable. If this is so, God may not exist in the classic sense insofar as he/she may not be able to predict with certainty their own creation's outcome(s).

I mention this in part because imagination, then, seems to be some kind of fundamental. Perhaps it is related to chaos or the butterfly effect. A "quantum nudge of one 'function' " perhaps, at the moment of the big bang to let other forces take over and get things sticking together to form galaxies, solar systems, etc..

So maybe indeterminism and determinism can co-exist, that they are one and the same.

Imagine we were the particles in an imaginary big bang explosion: If we were all equidistant and flew perfectly apart from each other in a perfect explosion, what do you think would happen to the explosion? The big bang? I suspect it would fizzle out. But what if God, at some infinitesimally-small moment at the bang, gave one particle an ininitesimally-small flick of his finger? What would that particle then do? Exactly. It would throw the perfect equation off and the particle would collide and everything would start to collide and stick or bounce, etc..

This is what my imagination might call the fundamental fractal nudge. To get reality-- the universe-- you need an imperfect explosion.

So maybe in a sense, if you can imagine it, it's real, just because you can.

Reply to
Warm Worm

:

ote:

=CE=B1=CF=83=CF=84=CE=BF=CF=82 =CE=B2=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=82 =CE=BF=E1=BD=90 =CE= =B2=CE=B9=CF=89=CF=84=E1=BD=B8=CF=82 =E1=BC=80=CE=BD=CE=B8=CF=81=CF=8E=CF= =80=E1=BF=B3

Sorry about the knee/stomache in advance. ;)

Reply to
Warm Worm

...but there's no need to rush things along.

RicodJour

How did you arrive at this site? Did you know of it before or did you do some kind of search after my post. Speaking of searches, I checked out the person who did some of the site's cartoons, and she's also interested in libre file sharing and challenging the notions of copyright. It's interesting how individual attitudes, if they are similar in one avenue, can be similar across others as well.

Reply to
Warm Worm

Naturally. Betrayal has a possible one-time benefit, but cooperation has a potentially lifetime benefit.

Reply to
creative1986

Exactly. Some things are so glaringly obvious to some but not to others.

Reply to
Warm Worm

Sorry to hear about your possible salmonella. Was that a free range? I've had what might have been salmonella before too. What fun. Alas, I'm in Ottawa again (can't wait to get out), and it's unlikely I'll be back in Vancouver soon, or even again. I'm still interested in Halifax and maybe part or full-time overseas in the medium-to-long term, and even Mexico as I have a Mexican friend there possibly interested in a joint venture, maybe a cafe. Although she likes BC. Kelowna Kafe? Anyway, we'll see. Lot's of tough changes coming up for me and the rest of the planet.

Reply to
Warm Worm

Unsure about the lost-professional-lowerIQ-higher-corruption theory, but true about the bugs. The relative lack of mosquitoes and black flies was quite a pleasant surprise when I first moved out there... (I can see how a naturalist might appreciate that even more.) I wonder about Halifax in this regard. I don't recall those bugs last time I was there, but I was mostly downtown.

Reply to
Warm Worm

That's encouraging about Halifax. What I like about it in my brief time there was its more human-scaled (not too big) size and relatively flat geography (good for biking/blading) until you hit downtown, where it's sloped, which lends some fun, interest and character. And of course there's also Citadel Hill overlooking. The architecture's nicer and older than Vancouver's too and the city seems fairly clean and well-kept, without feeling sterile (perhaps like Ottawa).

How did you find those 3 you visited? Which one did you prefer? I'd like to do St. John's, even though in pictures it looks kind of bleak, despite the pretty colourful houses and pleasant-looking downtown.

Reply to
Warm Worm

35 pm, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:

Probably just about everybody has something at one time or another. Much of that stuff comes from all the handling that occurs from the time food is first procurred up til its delivered to the supper table. More hands =3D more chance of contagions. Eat lower on the web.

2 major difference in my eating habits since going rural. Hardly ever eat fast food, maybe once every 3-6 months. The only fast food joint within an hour of me is a McDonalds and its always slammed, so I very rarely go there - maybe 3 times in 4 years. I no longer consume soft drinks, maybe one every 3- 6 months. Last night was movie night here and I almost broke down and had one. But didn't, had water as usual.
Reply to
creative1986

I ran across that site on a cycling newsgroup, I believe, about six or eight months ago.

RicodJour

Free range is not free and it's not a range. Read Pollan's The Omnivore's Dilemma.

BTW, is a ducumentary what McScrooge produces?

RicodJour

If I read every book that everyone recommended, I'd have little time for anything else, but thanks for it nevertheless. I will at least try to read some reviews of it, since it's part of what's on my "menu" that's important these days, that's interrelated.

Please feel free if you would like to offer a brief elaboration on what you mean. (Perhaps I'll tentatively assume that the range is not so big and is enclosed.)

Are you the same Rico who likes Leonard Cohen and went to his concert? What kind of bikes do you have/had? I'm blading because I've had one too many mountain bikes stolen, but I'd still like to get back to it. Despite my blading fall yesterday, though, blading has so far proven far safer so far.

Reply to
Warm Worm

Soft bushes with hard sticks hidden inside can render you infertile and blind. I picked up 2 free bikes on craigslist awhile back for a couple little projects I have in mind. Now I need to find a cheap welding rig. I want to build a small trailer I can pull with my lawn tractor. I also want to build a unicycle with handlebars as I think it would be easier to ride with handlebars. And I want to recreate a bike I made when I was a teen. Remove the front forks and seat post, turn the fram upside down, reinstall the forks but add extensions to them. Make a new, longer seat post with extensions down to the rear wheel. You end up with a really tall bike, that you have to run alongside of and then climb up on it. The seat will be about 6-8' above the ground. I need some more free bikes for extra parts. Been 20 years or more since I last rode a bike.

Reply to
creative1986

Been 20 years and 1 day since I wrecked one. I crossed over from the street to the sidewalk and there was a curb hidden by the overgrown grass. The front tire rode alongside the hidden curb, at highspeed, and my wife said it looked like I was in slowmotion as I went all the way over the handlebars. I was a young dood then. If I did that today something would most likely break. heh

Reply to
creative1986