Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst

Good luck and I hope the nurses are pretty.

Reply to
CWatters

Good luck! You have always had insightful replies. EDS

Reply to
eds

Hey Bob, I empathize with your situation, but I'm afraid that we can't let you off that easy. None of this past tense "enjoyed" stuff. You've added a lot around here and there's no flipping way you're cutting out on us. There's work to be done and fun to be had.

So, take care of the doctor crap, do what you gotta do, and get your ass back here!

Taking a laptop to the hospital is an excellent idea. You'll be able to keep up with your newsgroups to make sure we don't muck things up, keep us posted, and watch movies that you want to see instead of the five channels they show in hospitals. If you want, I can send you this disk I...errr....found, titled Tender Teenage Nurses. If that doesn't get you up and about, nothing will! ;)

RicodJour

I don't post much but follow what's going on here and appreciate the input of all the professionals here. Best wishes, Bob.

Reply to
rustyjames

God Bless and protect, Bob.

Reply to
Dennis

I really hope that you get better,you really give very good advises,i always check when you write something, and remember mind over body and never give up!

Reply to
Roger Meza.

Bill

A great and knowledgeable fellow. This group is much lessened by his loss.

Reply to
Matt W. Barrow

Matt W. Barrow ha scritto:

Bob really was a great fellow. I had the opportunity to learn much from his postings on sci.engr.civil. Goodbye, Bob

Franz (from Italy)

Reply to
Franz

It is too bad that the article didn't tell about his engineering experience when he left the Blue Moon Tavern business. He had a long going engineering practice in Poulsbo WA and a helper in the 'Seattle Engineering Association of Washington"

Chuck News

"Bill" wrote in news:Yv2Aj.2185$r76.1878 @bignews8.bellsouth.net:

He had a lot fo good things to say, and a lot to offer. "Sad" doesn't quite sum it up.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Everyone is referring to him in the past tense.

Did I read his wrong?

Reply to
Glenn

Unfortunately for everyone who ran across him, no. Kris posted the obit above. I feel a real sense of loss and I never met the guy. I can only imagine what a stellar man he was in real life and the loss of those who knew him well.

RicodJour

Somewhat more an emptyness, or a hole... We'll all miss him.

Reply to
PeterD

RicodJour wrote in news:32e523e7-9fca-4ebf-95d0- snipped-for-privacy@k2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

No, I didn't post it, I replied to someone else's having posted it. But I seem to recall it also being mentioned a few weeks ago.

His posts were always those of a Gentleman, and a Man (caps fully intentional). I never spoke with him directly, but even in someone's writing, their qualities show through, and I always enjoyed his writings.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

A prince. Sorry to know he is gone. Hoist one for you and me, Bob, and I will do the same.

Reply to
DanG

January Fourteenth, at age 59. His like will not be seen on these engineering groups, any time soon. Never disparaging: always helpful.

RIP

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott