Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst

Page 2 of 2
Good luck and I hope the nurses are pretty.

EDS

Hey Bob, I empathize with your situation, but I'm afraid that we can't let you off that easy. None of this past tense "enjoyed" stuff. You've added a lot around here and there's no flipping way you're cutting out on us. There's work to be done and fun to be had.
So, take care of the doctor crap, do what you gotta do, and get your ass back here!
Taking a laptop to the hospital is an excellent idea. You'll be able to keep up with your newsgroups to make sure we don't muck things up, keep us posted, and watch movies that you want to see instead of the five channels they show in hospitals. If you want, I can send you this disk I...errr....found, titled Tender Teenage Nurses. If that doesn't get you up and about, nothing will! ;)

I don't post much but follow what's going on here and appreciate the input of all the professionals here. Best wishes, Bob.
God Bless and protect, Bob.

I really hope that you get better,you really give very good advises,i always check when you write something, and remember mind over body and never give up!
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/348984_obitmorrison28.html

A great and knowledgeable fellow. This group is much lessened by his loss.
Matt W. Barrow ha scritto:

Bob really was a great fellow. I had the opportunity to learn much from his postings on sci.engr.civil. Goodbye, Bob
Franz (from Italy)
It is too bad that the article didn't tell about his engineering experience when he left the Blue Moon Tavern business. He had a long going engineering practice in Poulsbo WA and a helper in the 'Seattle Engineering Association of Washington"
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/348984_obitmorrison28.html

He had a lot fo good things to say, and a lot to offer. "Sad" doesn't quite sum it up.
Everyone is referring to him in the past tense.
Did I read his wrong?

Unfortunately for everyone who ran across him, no. Kris posted the obit above. I feel a real sense of loss and I never met the guy. I can only imagine what a stellar man he was in real life and the loss of those who knew him well.

No, I didn't post it, I replied to someone else's having posted it. But I seem to recall it also being mentioned a few weeks ago.

His posts were always those of a Gentleman, and a Man (caps fully intentional). I never spoke with him directly, but even in someone's writing, their qualities show through, and I always enjoyed his writings.

Somewhat more an emptyness, or a hole... We'll all miss him.
A prince. Sorry to know he is gone. Hoist one for you and me, Bob, and I will do the same.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

January Fourteenth, at age 59. His like will not be seen on these engineering groups, any time soon. Never disparaging: always helpful.
RIP
Brian Whatcott Altus OK