Historic Skywalks in NYC

Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I am trying to locate info on skywalks (building to building pedestrian bridges) in New York City. I have an old family photograph taken in NYC. In the background is a skywalk. I was hoping to use this feature to determine exactly where this photo was taken. The photo is probably from the mid to late 1940's, so this particular skywalk may or may not still exist, hence the historic reference. Any leads would be of help. Thanks, Larry
Add pictures here
✖

You have a yahoo account so scan your image and post it to your yahoophotos or to photbucket or flickr or webshots or one of hundreds of free photo services. Then come back here and post the link to the image.
I'll tell you where the photo is from.
My bet is that it's the Metropolitan Life Insurance skywalk that connects the north and south towers of the Metropolitan Life Insurance building
http://tinyurl.com/3wobs7 http://tinyurl.com/3ens5w http://tinyurl.com/4fzrds http://tinyurl.com/47wwp5 http://tinyurl.com/3gq7un http://tinyurl.com/53yg3d
The south building is known as the Metropolitan Life Tower http://tinyurl.com/4gjewk The North Building was originally planned to be a 100 story tower but that was halted due to the great depression http://tinyurl.com/38o8vo
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 24, 7:11 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Post the picture to a free hosting site and post a link here so we can take a look at it. There are a number of skywalks, and some have come down since your picture was taken. Maybe there's other clues in the background that might help locate it.
✖
Hey guys, thanks. Try this address to view photo:
http://picasaweb.google.com/KKPhotos17/HistoricPhoto?authkey=tl6lXBhOAcg#5249656249733138546
I would also like to definitively date it. Perhaps someone who know cars and trucks can do so by the vehicles in the lower center of the photo.
Thanks again, Larry

Add pictures here
✖
Hey guys, thanks. Try this address to view the photo:
http://picasaweb.google.com/KKPhotos17/HistoricPhoto?authkey=tl6lXBhOAcg#5249656249733138546
I believe it is probably somewhere in the midtown area near the Empire State Building, but could be wrong.
Also would like to definitively date it. Perhaps someone who knows cars and trucks can tell by the vehicles at street level in the lower middle of the photo.
Thanks again, Larry

Add pictures here
✖