Hi Everyone

Hi Any 1 has any info on how to get admission to School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi, India Plz Help Ankit
http://www.spa.ernet.in /
Though if you can't do that, you might consider a different career.
alt.architecture FAQ =================== 1. What architecture school should I go to? [Common Variant: How good is the University of 'X'?] 2. Can someone help me with my homework? 3. Where can I find free plans/design work/engineering calcs on the internet? 4. What CAD program is best/should I buy? 5. Is architecture a good career choice? 6. Am I being overcharged by my architect? 7. What does everyone think of this famous architect's work? 8. Why should I hire an architect when I can draw the plans with [insert name of extremely cheap drafting software here] on my own computer? 9. Where can I find 'X'? 10. What's a good gift for a teenager who wants to be an architect? 11. Please go to my website. 12. Why are architects so incompetent? 13. May I advertise in alt.architecture?
Frequently Offered Answers on alt.architecture:
1. What architecture school should I go to? [Common Variant: How good is the University of 'X'?]
It's up to you. [Variant: "LOL!!!!"]
2. Can someone help me with my homework?
Nah. See question/answer #9 and stop asking others to do your work.
3. Where can I find free plans/design work/engineering calcs on the internet?
http://www.alltheplansintheworld.com/instantarchitect/egan.html http://www.freearchitecture.com / http://www.allthefreecadsoftware.com/instantplans /
4. What CAD program is best/should I buy?
Try the alt.cad newsgroup. We're pretentious artistes at alt.architecture.
5. Is architecture a good career choice?
LOL! We can only hope so.
6. Am I being overcharged by my architect?
LOL! We can only hope so.
7. What does everyone think of this famous architect's work?
AUGH!
8. Why should I hire an architect when I can draw the plans with [insert name of extremely cheap drafting software here] on my own computer?
You get what you pay for [or don't pay for--RE: Congressman James Trafficant's self-defense].
9. Where can I find 'X'?
Leave us alone. Try http://www.google.com instead.
10. What's a good gift for a teenager who wants to be an architect?
Space.
11. Please go to my website.
That's not a question.
12. Why are architects so incompetent?
Only in Hong Kong. They're all good everywhere else.
13. May I advertise in alt.architecture?
Only if your first name is not Ralph or Anthony. Otherwise, feel free.
3D Peruna wrote:

Just curious but why is 'lol' the apporiate response to this question. I asked a question in this group last year about the pros/cons of a mARCH vs. bARCH and received very good responses. Also someone was generous enought to point out that the present school I was attending for my undergraduate degree was not a very well reputed school for architecture. After doing some checking I found out the this was true and had it not been for that response here I might not of ever known.
Isn't reputation of a school an important factor when choosing which school to go to?

Your post (if I recall correctly) was in the form of an intelligent question. What we usually get is "Can you tell me about school X?" Or "I want to get into school X? Please help."
Also...you prolly need to read the rest of the FAQ to understand the question in context.
3D Peruna wrote:

It's a fine FAQ, I think. Though the context is probably lost on an occasional lurker such as myself. Sorry.
Was that a really loud "WHOOSH" I just heard flying over your head? Glad we could be of help when you were researching schools last year... just be careful about coming back over to alt.architecture asking us to do your homework or somethin'...