Hey, You Can't Do That!

Can you?

I likes it.

creative1986

From the article: "The solution: Engineers at Arup enclosed the more than five-million- square-foot building in a triangulated steel surface, forming what=92s called a diagrid, and optimized the pattern to meet structural demands."

'Diagrid'? It's a Netherlands based company and that pattern looks familiar... Isn't Per Corel there or nearby? ;)
Reply to
Warm Worm

Yup, his vision is coming to fruition.

Reply to
creative1986

Thank's I'm most flattered, --- What I recon is that those years of promoting 3dh worked to the extents, that you take what you find spetacular and that's where I failed. I see it this way that offcaurse 3dh had some impac and in future it will gain more attention, -- but architects rather want to draw the surface, the looks, and what is inside is no of their concern. Now I guess we can agrea, that beauty come from within, but isn't it easier just to paint a picture of what we would expect. Then forget about that what hold the fancy forms in the air is not what the surface indicate. You know what my intension was ; that the designer should be able to design any form what ever, and then by a press of a button have all building parts calculated and layed out. That will come, maybe not with 3dh but the spark has been lit, Please check where It ended, I has quite a production and I guess there are paintings among these you find neat ;

P.C.

Reply to
per.corell

Sorry forgot to add that I had a 5000 word article published in the chinese architect magazin "ECC" Essensial Collection of Construction,

-- five renderings with various 3dh structures, and a description, why effiency come as a side effect of innovation.

Reply to
per.corell

I recall that, and is also what tripped my switch.

Reply to
Warm Worm

Hi Per, a nice surprise to see you back here like magic along with the mere mention of your name. :) Thanks for sharing your art. Do you use live models or photos or something else? What are you mediums and contexts and what are you trying to get across to your audience?

Reply to
Warm Worm

Thank's only foto's, for several resons. First I use all kinds of tools digital, offcaurse, as so many print firms deliver nice prints on canvas, and for me it is not the tool, but if it work that make it art, work offcaurse in the sense art allway's worked. But the prints I can deliver, is all foto's of the hand painted image, -- sometimes the original ends up best, but most often the eddited foto add something else, bottom line ; the drawings done with a digitizer pad is not less art than what is made with a brush, and the more tools the more options.; --- BUT, where other who paint, experience the creativity while they put the.paint on the canvas, I moved the creativity to making the foto, edditing the foto extracting the expression I want to tell, Develobing eventual new tools, and technikes to just do it. I experimented years with projectors and has now a collection of rare antique and modern projectors so, with projectors things do not work as you think, before you realy tried use one -- it do not work as you think to "paint after" a projected image, but with a bit innovation you can use them for other things or in a different way --- but there I keep my secrets. Then sometimes an image taken and eddited, work sparks projected ;-- now a foto of that, can be the background for a splendid painting-

I am doing portraits, but I had some, still the next to be displayed in some few weekswill be much different than the portraits, please remember I did spend tree years at the acadamy.

My best answer, since I think paintings shal be understood without an explanation, is to look at my galleries at artwanted.com

Reply to
per.corell

Sorry, new laptop finaly 64 bit and Windows7 and AutoCAD 64 bit up and running --- but the old usenet has not changed, just check the words that went gone, becaurse I forgot to turn off the youch pad, and still make no spell check.

Reply to
per.corell

Check your virtual RAM settings in Acad, bump em up to the maximum. Also, how big is that text file you're dragging around (F2)? You might want to consider aborting it altogether. I've often wondered if you could save that text file, for any particular drawing, then import it into acad and sit back and watch it draw? Be kinda cool wouldn't it?

Reply to
creative1986

Per! You lurking little devilyou! How ya been? I see you're a fan of James Hetfield.

Reply to
creative1986

Thank's, My oldest son wanted a few of Metallica as murals, but Iy is better painted on rough Masonite and they still measure some size. --- I promised him a few more and for me it's a good practice, but now in less than a week I must be ready with my new "Pusher Street" serie, those motivs is great, and esp, in black and silver it make a unique style But the big surprise come later, when I combine these into paintings build from two paintings side by side. To early to publish, but in a few weeks they will be at my ArtWanted site.

Reply to
per.corell

On Dec 3, 8:48=A0am, " snipped-for-privacy@privat.dk" wrote:

Whoa, 2 paintings, side by side, opposites of each other, at the same time, with ambidextrious hands? I gotta see that!

Saw a movie (netflix) recently but can't remember the name, of the end of life story of a famous 20th century russian impressionist painter. He was passing his talents to a young and beligerent mentor. I was never a big fan of impressionism but I have always been baffled by it. Now, after viewing this film I have a much greater reverence for it and find myself strangely attracted to them as I wander the many galleries here in the Artist Colony of the MidWest. Ya know, my younger brother has from birth always been an amazing artist in any media he lays his hands on and I have spent all of my life trying to see what he sees, in vain. I simply don't have the pathway between eye and brain to distinguish the most miniscule variations in color hues. Black and white stuff, no problem, I can excel but when it comes to full blown color I am in kindergarten. There was one scene in this flik where the young obnoxious dood was outside with a large easel painting the distant landscape before him and the old man artist came up from behind and watched silently. The young dood finally got frustrated and threw his brush to the ground and started cursing. The old man jumped on him and commenced to skooling him. He asked the kid, "What color are those clouds?" and the camera cut to the clouds, then to the kid and the kid said, "White." The old man blew up and screamed "No, no, no!". Then he reached in his pocket and withdrew a white handkerchief and said "This is white, look at it." and he threw it on the ground and the camera focused on it for a second. Then instantly the camera went back to the clouds and difference to me was like night and day. I, and the kid, for the first times in our lives, saw ALL the colors that were hiding in those clouds, pinks, yellows, blues, greens..... It was an amazing thing to experience. Never before has a film done something like to me. I'm going to blow the cobwebs off my old Bob Ross brushes soon.......

Reply to
creative1986

Well you ought go to my ArtWanted site and have a look at my new ! Pusher Street" serie, and the Natasja portrait. The Pusher Street serie are now one image with four seperate paintings on same canvas and same frame, all very profesional and please remember, this is a foto of the hand painted paintings, put on display after digitaly eddited, so the old hand crafts is now a step on the way, -- these "Pusher Street" scenes where I reached 7 individual paintings, are genuine, on site, Urban streets, and printed on canvas profesionaly maneaged, this is art people can buy becaurse it say's something. Just look ;

But these are only part of the exebition I have at the christiania marked, copy and paste so see more ;

P.C.

Reply to
per.corell

Painting is one way to find out what you really see, not what you believe you see.

RicodJour

Is that wording right? Or am I reading it wrong? I believe, and I may be wrong, but you have to see it first before you can paint it. And thats where my problem has always been with color, my inability to see, or recognize, the subtle differences in colors. My brother on the otherhand has always been able to see those differences. I've been paying attention to them though and it seems, to me, that impressionism painting help out in that regard. Take a look at some of the stuff Kunstlers been doing:

snagged some of these last night and have been playing around with them. Zoom out, and they attain a photographicness to them. Zoom in and you can see the brush strokes and they lack realism, almost sort of like pixelization. I'd like to be able to do that.

Reply to
creative1986

It's much easier. But that's also why the who understand optics invented Pixels, mp3, mpeg, and Desktop Publishing rather than CRTs. And invented Blue Ray and HDTV, rather than NBC. And invented Optical Computers and Self-Replicating Machines, rather than AI. And invented GPS and Atomic Clock Watches rather than Elevators.

Then forget about that what hold

Reply to
zzbunker

I had a lot of fun, collecting, repairing experimenting, with old optics. Not just projectors but esp the Episkop type, difuse light projectors. -- yhose shere the film don't need to be transparant, but can be a picture, or a foto. But that also had serious barriers, you simply can not do what you think you can. Forget "drawing after" a projected image, WAKE UP uou shaddov where you want to paint, and if you then turn on the light, you see a lot of lousy drafting. Ehat ehen the light and paint is same color, how will you determine, where you add. But in a complex way, using all tools avaible, these things do magic, only not as you thought. About optics, things work so simple, but just wait to the day, where optics are eliminated is not the focuser. Without the lens, everything is just white light. Anyway, check my ArtWanted images, search Per Corell on Google, it will be the first to turn up.

Reply to
per.corell

Funny how time mature. By chance I fell upon this old tread, -- wonder what will happn if I make a reply. If it reach anyone, please enjoy the progress to the art I mentioned, or do a Google with my name, that will bring a lot of nice images. Or try find me on Facebook.

[IMG]
per corell

Still here, Per, nice to catch you back. Wonder how everyone else is doing.

~ Warm Worm

Reply to
glomerol