Has anybody ever actually designed a House Shaped like a Rook?

Has anybody ever actually designed a House Shaped like a Rook?
In his famous 1962 interview, Bobby Fischer said:
"I got strong ideas about my house. I'm going to hire the best architect and have him build it in the shape of a rook. Yeh, that's for me. Class. Spiral staircases, parapets, everything. I want to live the rest of my life in a house built exactly like a rook."
This seems like an interesting idea. Has anybody ever done this or designed one?
Sam Sloan
Sam Sloan wrote:

What's another name for a rook? There's your answer.

A con job?
Willie

snipped-for-privacy@ishipress.com (Sam Sloan) writes:

http://pkchess.bizland.com/ak/rook-house-story.html
There is also an album about the concept:
http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/13307
If you search for "tower house" or "Turmhaus", you'll find a number of examples of old houses that are pretty close.
Here's one in Switzerland:
http://www.picswiss.ch/Nidwalden/NW-l4-02.html
Larry T.
Larry Tapper wrote:

Best example I've seen is this:
http://www.bcarquitectos.com/imagtra/pdf/minorcan_chameleon_1992.pdf (warning, PDF link!)
--
Edgar
(The advertising below is not authorized by me. You agree to use any
On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:47:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ishipress.com (Sam Sloan) wrote:

Yeah. My neighbours when I was a kid (Herbert, Saskatchewan, Canada). Old man Holmes literally built an amateur "castle" of a home for his wife - using wood. Huge garden, etc. The house wasn't really that special but it was built with love. My grad pictures were taken in front of the building. But unfortunately when he passed away, his widow couldn't keep up the place and eventually she was placed in a care home and the house was torn down.
http://www.virtualmuseum.ca/CommunityMemories/AAYO/000a/image/original/AAYO000a00by.jpg
http://www.virtualmuseum.ca/CommunityMemories/AAYO/000a/image/original/AAYO000a00bz.jpg
In 1933 Tom Holmes built a home on the foundation of the H.M. Klassen home/Hospital in the style of a miniature castle, to resemble the architecture he had known as a boy in England.
It was a large square structure with turrets at each corner raised above the centre roof level, and battlements all around the perimeter of the roof. It contained a large central kitchen, dining room, a parlor with a huge fireplace, and 4 bedrooms. The large wooden doors, between the kitchen or common room area and the parlor and dining room, could be opened by pulling them back into the narrow double wall recess on each side. These huge doors were built by young Deke Kroeker to Tom's specifications.
The grounds which had first been planted by H.M. Klassen in the early years, were a small forest of trees, plants and shrubs which Tom, with all the skill and energy of an English gardener, kept in immaculate and beautiful order. It was an "oasis in the desert" for the town, with statuary, a fountain, wishing well and blessed greenery, and the grounds were always open to anyone who cared to wander through.
Most every king before 1500?

Castle Gywnn in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
Sam Sloan wrote: