Follow-up regarding Hurricane Emily

Don and whoever else was following this...

As you probably know, Hurricane Emily took a path that produced the minimum damage. Here in San Antonio we had a few light rains, but that was it. 400 miles south in Brownsville there was more rain and strong winds, but the damage was the normal roofs and signs.

Our family in Cancun had no problems....since this time the Mexican government was well prepared. The part of Mexico where Emily crossed the shore is sparsely populated and the residents were moved to secure public buildings. Then...the path it is taking carries it through areas where there is almost no one. The major danger to Mexico now is when the rain hits the mountains and then comes back down the rivers as floods. Monterrey is vulnerable because it is just east of some high mountains that feed the river that runs through the heart of the city. I suspect that if there is any loss of life it will be in the next few days from river flooding and damage to small mountain villages.

Anyway.....no excitement here, thank God!

Christopher

Egan/Martinez design San Antonio, Texas y Mexico City

cegan