Embarrassing Tunes

I finally got around to downloading a bit-torrent client, 'Vuze', and was inspired to look into some peculiar tunes I haven't heard since they came out to see if they might be available and how I might respond to them now. So far I've only managed to find 'Have You Never Been Mellow', by Olivia Newton John. Quite an odd time warp kind of effect that visualized that olive-gree lava lamp and brown shag we had... I think both are still being manufactured. I almost got a hold of 'More More More' by Andrea True Connection, but pressed the wrong button which canceled everything.

Naturally I'm now curious to know of any peculiar tunes that any of you guys might have liked in a mildly embarrassing kind of way. :D

Reply to
Señor Popcorn

I was a big Elton John fan when I was a teeny-bopper. But I guess that's ok since most of his early 70's stuff was vastly different than his post-Yellow Brick Road mid and late 70's stuff.

Also, I liked "RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED FROM" by Maxine Nightingale "SORRY SEEMS TO BE THE HARDEST WORD" by Elton John "Rhiannon (Will You Ever Win)" by Stevie Nicks "Say You Love Me" by Christine McVie by Fleetwood Mac "A LITTLE BIT SOUTH OF SASKATOON" by Sonny James "YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE DANCING" by Leo Sayer

Why you ask? It's the soundtrack to the movie Slapshot, the George Roy Hill hockey movie with Paul Newman. Hugely influencial for hockey crazed Canajuns like me. Right Michael? Ken?

Reply to
Pierre Levesque

The Moody Blues

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

" Lady Jane" - Rolling Stones (1966)

Bob Morrison

Agreed. I owned Brick Road for a time.

Hey, that wasn't bad either.

Wow... I recognize some and I'm fairly sure I know some of the others if I heard them.

All those tunes were on the soundtrack? I ask because I'm a little amazed by the music I'm suddenly able to get.

This town's hockey folk've been making a ruckus recently as you can imagine. I've gotten an earful when caught downtown on my rollerblades. Maybe we'll have another riot this year.

Reply to
Señor Popcorn

That's embarrassing?! What about something from Dolly Parton? Remember that 'Convoy' tune? :D

Reply to
Señor Popcorn

I must know it by ear and should see if I can take a listen from online. Not what I'd call embarrassing, but I found The Byrds' 'Eight Miles High' recently and play it fairly often. In a sense, it's new to me, but was often in the background.

Reply to
Señor Popcorn

Never heard of it.

?v=ua9u8-WGHFY

Michael Bulatovich

What town is that?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I thought about that one for a while, and I can see Bob's point. Harpsichord, dulcimer, Elizabethan pretensions....

Speaking of which, and Fairport Convention fans out there?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Years ago, an illustrator friend of mine did this caricature illustration of me for a NYTimes sports op-ed column called Sound-Off. The weekly topic was on hockey violence.

He gave me the original artwork as a birthday card for my 30th D-day. Check out the quote he put on the bottom... ;-)

Reply to
Pierre Levesque

:D

?

;D

Reply to
Warm Worm

via

Vancouver. We have "Go Canucks Go" on our city buses.

Reply to
Warm Worm