Earthquake resistance: Linear, or not...?

Page 3 of 3
wrote in

Didn't he do that Disney building thing, that is clad in a zillion tons of Titanium or something like that...?

Oh, that guy...Now I understand.
(I'm used to "VOG", vapor-over-ground, as in, aerosol explosives, so the first thing that popped into my mind was that FOG was either "fuel-over- ground" or "fume-over-ground", which made no sense given the context <g!>)

If you're asing where I heard of it: Mostly what I'd learned in work, but that was ten yrs ago, plus I actively strove to forget most of that stuff because I couldn't talk about it anyway. Open-source info is available of course.
If you're asking specifically what details I know: (1) not the place to write a paper on the means of deliveraing hot flaming death to large areas and/or large numbers of people, (2) not something I really want to bring back into my active/conscious thought processes, (3) why do you ask?

Don, you *know* I can't tell that sort of thing <LOL!> I am The Perfect Straightman... =:-o
(OTOH, I guess that there's somehting to be said for having a real *role* in life ;) )

P.S., yes, that *was* a change of topic...