Durable, Solid Decking Material

I have a 30' x 30' deck on top of my garage. The roof is some kind of a tar system with furring boards on top and redwood(?) boards screwed to the furring strips. The deck wood has multiple layers of paint or solid stain, the boards are spaced too far apart (1/2" - 3/4") and most are warped and cupped.
Now, the roof is leaking and damaging the drywall inside the garage. In order to repair or resurface the roof, I must remove the redwood decking, (not worth salvaging). The price for 900 sq. ft. of new redwood is very high, and my wife would like something solid instead of wood. Since the roof is flat, any open decking will continue to be a maintenance headache. We also have small kids and it would be nice if the surface was kid friendly. I recall seeing some type of rolled material that was supposed to be able to handle some foot traffic, can't recall what it was.
Any ideas would be appreciated,
Lou
Lou Gray wrote:

What you need is a walkable roof membrane. http://www.duradek.com/DuradekDetails.asp or http://www.dec-k-ing.com/vinyl.asp
The stuff isn't bulletproof, so no kids' tricycles on the roof!
Thanks! That's what I was looking for.
Lou