Duplex Dilemma

Recently, I was in Las Vegas on business and saw this:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mgwk75&s=3

Yikes! (I live in a neighborhood of mainly semi's)
Secretia Green wrote:

Looks photochopped to me...

It isn't. I took it from out of the car window as is. Here is detail at full resolution:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6ygndi&s=3

Maybe there's a local code requirement that duplexes "shall not have a mirrored facade to the street" or something like that ? :-)

Hello from TO:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1076/878899193_7845655c1f_m.jpg
http://leslieville.org/images/DoingJones_PaintedLadies.jpg
...and NYC: