Dual Flush Toilet

I was recently at this organic coffeehouse in town called Bridgehead, and made my first-ever acquaintance with a dual-flush toilet. Yes indeed... There were 2 buttons on the tank; one was a darkened circle and one was half a darkened circle.
How about that, ay?
A Don- inspired 3-egg breakfast? No problem: Press the darkened circle.
A couple of my double-strong Tazo iced chai tea lattes, with a splash of evaporated milk? Easier done than said: Press the half-darkened circle.
And god said let there be dual-flush toilets, and it was so.
...Anyone ever yet tried those toilets that, as I like to say; "return the favour"?
Richard MacIntyre wrote:

and
indeed...
was half

circle.
of
"return the

If it brown, flush it down, if it's yellow, let mellow.
Ancient Muskoka proverb from the 1950's.
"Ken S. Tucker"

I've heard that before... but what does letting it mellow mean and why would you want to? Might it have anything to do with this? : http://www.rotten.com/library/medicine/bodily-functions/pissing/drinking-pee / (Btw; she is so hot!)
"Don"

Agreed, good points, and certainly we all have our own particular idiosyncratic spins on what we do with standards, if anything at all.