Drinkin' & Drawin'

Just say no.

Hey Pierre, (hiccup) you better pay attention to this. LOL

NEW MEXICO'S MARTIN RESENDIZ OFFERS NOVEL DEFENSE TO LAWSUIT

Mayor: Contracts Invalid Because I Was Drunk

It is an epic defense: A New Mexico mayor says his city does not owe $1 million to a California architectural company because he was blotto drunk when he signed the (nine!) contracts, reports the Albuquerque Journal. =93The day I signed =85 I had way too much to drink," wrote Sunland Park Mayor Martin Resendiz in a court deposition. "It was after 5 p.m. and I signed (the contracts) and I didn=92t know what I was signing. My sister had to pick me up.=94

The mayor said he and executives of Synthethis+ were at a local restaurant having a grand old time. "Again, this was after two or three hours of us drinking, not exactly the best time to do business, not exactly the best time to read over legal documents." What could possibly make this story better? Resendiz is planning to run for Congress.

creative1986

I alwaysh take my clientsh out for a power lunch jusht before shining a contractsh...

Pierre Levesque, AIA