Doomsday Architecture.

"Fear sells better than sex"...

The guy sounds like he's making a good buck selling bunker space. Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

The "Fear" Series:

The idea for the trilogy was suggested by an older man telling that he didn't think life was ruled by love, or reason, or money, or the pursuit of happiness -- but by fear.

This smart-but-cynical guy's position was that most people's actions are motivated by fear of being hungry, fear of being hurt, fear of being alone, fear of being robbed, etc., and that people don't make choices based on hope that something good will happen, but in fear that something bad will happen.

I reacted to this the way all of us tend to react to generalities: 'Well, I'm not like that!'

But then I started thinking about it more, watching the way people around me behaved, and I soon realised that there was something to this viewpoint.

So I sketched out the three 'theaters of fear,' as I saw them: how fear works inside us ("The Enemy Within"), how fear is used against us ("The Weapon"), and how fear feeds the mob mentality ("Witch Hunt").

As it happened, the last theme was easiest to deal with, so it was written first, and the other two followed in reverse order for the same reason.=94

Part One: The Enemy Within "The Enemy Within" describes phobias and other situations that scare people.

Part Two: The Weapon "The Weapon" explains how everything that people fear can be used against them as a weapon.

Part Three: Witch Hunt The concept of "Witch Hunt" is how manipulators can use fear to "possess" the "ignorant" masses to their liking, much like the Salemtownspeople during the Salem Witch Trials.

Part Four: Freeze "Freeze" explores the fine line between running away and/or standing up to encounter one's fear, otherwise known as the fight-or-flight response.

"They use the things you love to hurt you"

--gs, 2099

Reply to
creative1986

sex"...

"Fear" is a big 4 letter word, that enters the conscious and sub- con as an emotional coefficient. Others may describe it as, 'security of values'. Doomsday Architecture it certainly an example of an architectural product directed to a target market we all have to some extent. Maybe our friends who live in cardboard boxes are confronting fear.

Safe rooms come to mind, given odd weather or intruder security, etc. (storm cellar, vault...) That's something akin to architectural psychology, that may appeal to new home buyers, frontier architects need to cognizant of. Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

Bottom line: you can't buy a set of ballz, either you're born with em or your a ho.

Reply to
creative1986

Fear seems ok. You can tap it, leverage it. As long as you don't let it control you.

Reply to
Warm Worm