Dishwaher

We are being forced to make countertops in break rooms to be a max of 34"h for barrier free. The problem is standard dishwashers are designed for a 36" high counter. Several of the cabinet manuf. are building their lines with the shorter base cabinets, but I have had no luck finding a D/W manuf. Anybody out there know of one?

I just went to Google and entered "ADA dishwasher" and found multiple options.
Hope this helps!
Christopher

I did a couple of google searches....just didn't use ADA.....we operate under Michigan Barrier Free. :-)
The only hits I were getting was suggestions of raising the dishwasher higher.
Thanks for making me feel stupid LOL

That's what friends are for!
Christopher
Controls and operating mechanisms must also comply. Good luck.
P.Fritz wrote:

: We are being forced to make countertops in break rooms to be a max of 34"h : for barrier free. The problem is standard dishwashers are designed for a : 36" high counter. Several of the cabinet manuf. are building their lines : with the shorter base cabinets, but I have had no luck finding a D/W manuf. : Anybody out there know of one?
What would happen if you asked the people hiring you to provide an example of the specs being implemented with a dishwasher in break rooms? You might get a waiver, but I'm a graphic artist, not an engineer so I'm probably washing the wrong dish.
Wanna Bet?

Yes you are.

: > : We are being forced to make countertops in break rooms to be a max of : > 34"h : > : for barrier free. The problem is standard dishwashers are designed for : > a : > : 36" high counter. Several of the cabinet manuf. are building their : > lines : > : with the shorter base cabinets, but I have had no luck finding a D/W : > manuf. : > : Anybody out there know of one? : > : > What would happen if you asked the people hiring you : > to provide an example of the specs being implemented : > with a dishwasher in break rooms? You might get a : > waiver, but I'm a graphic artist, not an engineer so I'm : > probably washing the wrong dish. : : Yes you are.
Okay. I'll keep my ideas in my own break room. : - 0

Yay, another input, viewpoint, active poster quelled! Only n more to go!
Hell, graphic arts makes one knowledgeable about ADA.

We put them in most office build outs........it is easier to get someone to throw 15 coffee cups into a Dw than to make them wash them by hand :-)

Don......you are working to much :-)

Nah, all the money goes to the kitchen equipment. The employees only get peanuts. Unsalted.