Difficult to furnish a modern home?

I am still working on my house but started to see the light at the end of the tunnel...knock on wood.
So now we are trying to decide on some furnishing.
The house is done very clean line and somewhat minimalistic. We will soften it up a bit with some textiles and wood flooring.
However when it comes to some big items we want to have, I can't seem to find anything that would fit well...
I am talking about things like:
ping pong table piano pool table
things like that. I don't like pool tables with curved legs and claw foot base...there seem to be no "clean line" versions of these things.
Is my only resort "custom made"?
Thanks,
MC

There are literally thousands of styles of pool tables and pianos. Keep looking.
You might also think of softening up the place with the furniture, as well as flooring and the like.
I have this feeling like the '80s were the time to be doing this. ISTR lots of sleek high end non-traditional pool tables showing up in the life-style magazines. One white stone on an arch with clear balls and maybe lt. blue felt...
And here's the same shape in stainless steel (I think I like the stone better). But this is a "custom designed" site. In case you've not run across them, I'll post links.
- http://www.billiardsbydesign.com/our_pool_tables.html
These people have a couple arch designs, one ... "amazing" bit of Victorian abundance and the GW Kling has a not 'modern' but contemporary arts&crafts revival / high end small furniture maker feel; with internal pockets and no fringe, I'd like it.
- http://www.billiardmfg.com/adtemplate.asp?invky 4934&catkyg9302
Dracula plays this deck, yo - http://www.thegameroomstore.com/Game/playcraft-black-knight-pool-table-ball-return-p-6284.html
Olhausen has some uninspired boxy options and an arch (I guess the arch is a cliche now) - http://www.olhausenbilliards.com/pooltables.php?cat=Modern Series
and a terrif John Deere option - http://www.olhausenbilliards.com/pooltables_detail.php?id 4&cat=John%20Deere
This one's totally custom but i HAD to include it - http://mocoloco.com/archives/002724.php
This one's pretty and has nice pointy corners - http://mocoloco.com/archives/000702.php
Exactly what you need if it exactly matches your decor -
http://americanbilliardcompany.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/modern-pool-tables/manhattan_maple_room-shot.jpg
These people have a lot of ugly things and the prices are in pounds. Their Black Ash Slimline might do. The Mirage grabs me a little wrong but it's the right kind of idea maybe. - http://www.bristolpoolandsnooker.com/product.php?id $8 - http://www.bristolpoolandsnooker.com/product.php?id #
-
http://americanbilliardcompany.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/modern-pool-tables/manhattan_maple_room-shot.jpg
Here's this again, though I'm not sure sixteen Gs is what I'd pay for a pool table. But then, if I had the money and Cannes was chilly this season ;-) - http://www.uncrate.com/men/gear/gaming/brunswick-manhattan-billiard-table /
Ooo, the heavy metal table is more! - http://www.uncrate.com/men/gear/gaming/sculpted-steel-billiard-table /
And there's a link to a video that mayn't help you find the maker of this kitchen device - http://blog.designpublic.com/2007/06/page/2 /
Don't ping pong tables just look like... ping pong tables?
A modern piano will say "Korg" on top. ;-)

Damn, all of those black pool tables brings back dive bar memories. I always thought they just painted the tables, but I guess they do make them that way.
I'm guessing MC goes for the $30K table...

Damn, all of those black pool tables brings back dive bar memories. I always thought they just painted the tables, but I guess they do make them that way.
I'm guessing MC goes for the $30K table...
No they don't look too appealing.

MC-
Too bad you didn't make this request back in 1992. :(
My in-laws moved to a new home & left a really nice 1960's vintage 1" slate Brunswick pool table behind. I think George Jetson owned it previously, white plastic legs...very clean & minimalist......very 60's space age look, right out of Tomorrow Land.
Maybe you can find a used one somewhere unless they've all be land filled.
Here is a link to a 1960's table but not the one I'm thinking of
http://www.classicbilliards.net/html/AntiquePoolTablesProducts.cfm?img=gold-crown-blue.jpg
cheers Bob

Here's a cool clear pool table with completely transparent aluminum legs.
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/54000/54422QVXu_w.jpg

Conran used to like eclectic furnishings in minimalist interiors, kelim covered sofas, interesting textures and patterns, the odd Abadeh. Modernist pool tables exist. And the same, boring modernist furniture abounds.

I like contemporary with just enough traditionalism to take the edge off. Break the mold.