Devout Irreligious

For some reason, in thinking about Don's proverbial freemarket/anti-gov stance, my thoughts casually wandered upon some religious "approaches", that...

...despite the best arguments-- the many points of which can be categorically swept aside, ridiculed, and/or ignored-- the truly devout will unlikely be swayed;

there's little in the way of support in terms of outside sources and the like but, rather, often the support comes in the form of circular reasonings;

there's often a glaring lack of knowledge of or insight into the very ideals that one is putting forth;

there's irrationalism and/or emotionalism involved-- often to the level of physical violence and death and threats thereof (burnings-at-the-stake, etc.);

the devout can have great persistence-- even coming to your door at suppertime;

and they can build great cathedrals.

;)

Reply to
Warm Worm

...or ugly little stucco boxes, like our closest Kingdom Hall.

A couple of Witnesses approached me with the Watchtower this morning while walking my dog. I haven't seen one in quite a while. We have had a 'no solicitors' sign on the front door for over a decade.... maybe that's why.

(I didn't stop to discuss the bible with them.)

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

You don't have to be: In some discussions with you on some subjects, I've felt like I was discussing Christianity with a Christian missionary. Often, your approaches seem to have all the hallmarks of religious zeal, dogma and indoctrination.

Reply to
Warm Worm

kinds of stuff to consider in the wiki article.)

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich