Design Builders

Seems to me, at least in small scale projects architects are going back to the architect as masterbuilder concept. Where architects are builders.
I don't see a lot of this in Vancouver, BC. Does anyone know architect/builders here specifically or elsewhere?
I've heard of Build in Montreal, Architect's Alliance in Toronto, various small firms in Seattle (SHED, etc...).
In terms of large scale there is Omicron and Stantec in Vancouver.