Design, Architecture

In the 5th year 1st term [5.1] at The University of Asia Pacific I have done a project named "Kendrio Kochi Kanchar Mela"

for more on this >>>

rubelraf

Nice project. But Does it look like a building for the children? What the jury said about it?

Reply to
NEO

In the jury I was slaughtered because I did not or could not provide openness in ground floor level. And ultimately the project was not gone to it's goal which is "the outlook _ as it is a building for the children" though I have worked a lot for that, I think it was not enough [effort]...

Reply to
rubelraf

here is the example.... of what I have produced at the end of the Design...

rubelraf

We have had, on occasion, clients who tell us "it's great, we love it...just what we're looking for." Only to have them come back when we're done with construction drawings and say "you know, it's just not working out. You never really listened to us and this isn't what we want." 99% of the time, they do really like what we did, but they showed it to their father-in-law, or brother-in-law, or cousin who's an architect and is jealous that they didn't get the job. They're told how terrible the design is, and rather than stick up for themselves (and the fee they've paid us), they cower in the corner and get talked out of what they really want.

So, let me ask you this. Did the "client" specify they wanted "openness in ground floor level." If not, then the proper response to the client would be:

That would have been nice to know earlier in the process. We'd be happy to rework the project to get you this openness, but it's going to take a bit longer and cost some more, as we're ready to move to the next phase. Proper communciation throughout the design phase is key to a successful project. If you don't tell us what you want, need, like and dislike, we cannot respond. It's not "our" project, it's "your" project. We can help you work through the various issues, ask you questions and try and get as much out of you as possible...even suggest things you might not have thought of. But in the end, YOU have communicate to us your feelings. So, we're sorry that it's not "open" enough for you on the ground floor. It still fulfills all of your stated project requirements.

"A building for the children?" What the hell does that mean? "For the children"? What about the maintenance guy? What about the adults who supervise the children? And if you don't think you gave it enough effort, well then, only you would know.

I learned early in my studio career that you were their favorite of the semester or you weren't. If you were their favorite you could do no wrong and pin crap to the wall. If you weren't, it really didn't matter what you pinned to the wall, you were torn apart because they could--just to prove you weren't their favorite. I learned to listen to the real comments--the ones that were helpful. True critique, not criticism for the sake of criticism, which is what 95% of all school studio reviews are about.

(It's really a stupid system.)

Reply to
3D Peruna